SIG Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I mostly use a CDI 401SM it's 5-40 inch pounds micro adjustable torque screwdriver...
Certified, calibrated, traceable, and American made...
It is adjustable in 0.5 inch pound increments, and goes low enough for my other needs...
Not the cheapest, but I think it's one of the best...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sig calls for a torque spec for their red dot sights? Where can I find a link to this?
It's located in the manual. The battery door calls for 10 to 11 foot inches. The supplied tool never gets enough torque on the battery cap to prevent a malfunction. The Wheeler wrench works well for me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Battery cap torque spec for the original magnesium Romeo 1 is "5-10 inch pounds" and isn't listed anywhere...
The aluminum Romeo 1 PRO lists as 10-12 inch pounds in the manual...
I have been using 7.5"# on the R1, but 10"# should work fine for either one...

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have Wheeler digital and XL with Romeo Zero, the Allen wrench supplied with the RZ is .050" and I could not find that size bit for my Wheeler so I called Sig Pro shop for advice and maybe find out where I can get the correct size bit. I wanted the exact size that came with the Romeo Zero to do everything exact.

Well Sig Pro shop told me they don't even use a digital weight they told me they just use the little Allen wrench and crank by hand until the screws are tight. So I did as they said and have had no issues with the screws coming loose

However my battery died after 1 month of use and during that month I fired about 600rds with the RZ installed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Pro tip- once you set the battery cover correctly with a torque wrench, put a tiny little drop of paint on the cover, also touching the optic. After that, for future changes, just match the marks. No wrench needed, after that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fix it sticks are the way to go for me. Been using them for a long time, I have several. The most used one is the 0-25 in lb one.
This is my set up, You can control the bit far better than the screw driver type and it starts at 0 instead of 10 in lb's.

The right tools are a MUST!
View attachment 426035 View attachment 426037

View attachment 426041
Fix it sticks are the way to go for me. Been using them for a long time, I have several. The most used one is the 0-25 in lb one.
This is my set up, You can control the bit far better than the screw driver type and it starts at 0 instead of 10 in lb's.

The right tools are a MUST!
View attachment 426035 View attachment 426037

View attachment 426041
Thanks for the information!

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,224 Posts
Wheeler Fat Wrench for me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
In the past I used to place the battery in the cover and then install the cover and battery as one. Many times it would be difficult to get the cover thread started. Now I press the battery in place and then install the cover. Much easier for me.
Just sayin'

21 - 33 of 33 Posts