SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly dont know why I dont already have one of these, but I'm looking for a torque wrench for my red dot sights. Sig is calling for 9 inch pounds and all I'm finding is 10inch pounds on up. I have a ratcheting inch pound automotive torque wrench for my Harley, but I would like a small screwdriver type. What is everyone else using?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've used the wheeler fat wrench for the last decade. The shop that milled my guns recommend 12 in pounds for the Trijicon RMR's.
My fat wrench is at least a decade old so I can't comment on the newer digital fat wrench's that are available. I like the old one I have though.

That's what I was wanting but the lowest that they go is 10" lbs.

·
Banned
337 Posts
I really like my Vortex (about $70 shipped) by Vortex Optics (RAC-VT-CTW). It states a range of 10 - 50 in-lbs but you can drop below 10 to where you hit the lowest ratcheted hard stop at 5 in-lbs. You can feel the difference in spring tightening/tension as you twist through the settings.

https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics-Torque-Wrench-Mounting/dp/B01M0USC82

Attachments

·
🎖USA Retired
3,406 Posts
I use the Wheeler Fat Wrench.

Reactions: stv

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
One thing to consider I guess over what the fasteners may be able to handle, is what any additional torque might do to the base / body of the Romeo Zero.

This "general" torque chart limit for 3mm fasteners only takes into account the fastener, and not what is being torqued.

The first socket head 3mm listing is for zinc plated hardware, non hardened. The standard is minimum 10 in. lb. and maximum 13 in. lb. I suppose there may be variations of this spec depending on who wrote it.

My guess is Sig knows when the torque will distort the Romeo Zero.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put Romeo Zero on P365XL. Comes with Loctite on threads of screws. Used T8 bit (SIG says 2mm hex, but T8 felt snugger) on the non-digital model Wheeler, set to 10 inch pounds (minimum setting for tool) rather than recommended 9 inch pounds. I hope I didn’t screw up :rolleyes: with excess torque but it’s better than me over- or under-torquing by an unknown amount.

YMMV – I don’t have enough practice putting soft metal screws into possibly soft metal. I index the screws with yellow (or white or red) china marker pencil for easy visual check. There aren’t a lot of screws on polymer frame pistols.

I haven’t found a 9 inch pound range torque wrench yet, and would be pleased to hear of one! They all seem to start at 10 or 15 inch pounds. ** correction! Thanks, ablock. I just found a Wera 05074710001 Kraftform 7445 Hexagon Torque Screwdriver on ebuy and put in a bid — 2.5 to 11.5 inch pounds in .5 increments. **

1 - 20 of 33 Posts