SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've actually been thinking about going single stack 9. I'm leaning toward the p225 but mainly because I carry my p229 and its just a bit thick in the summers. Be nice to have some goods options though. I've also looked at the sw shield and Springfield emp

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Same here...cant decide between:
Shield Performance center
Walther CCP
Walther PPS
Or wait and save for a Sig P225 (im just not sure im gonna want to carry such a nice pistol, i feel i should have a more "affordable" gun for every day carry)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
For me, its the Shield.

Right now, the absolute best value on the market IMO. Mine have been 100% reliable, and I am way more accurate with it than I ever expected. People say it shoots as if it were a much bigger gun - and they are right!

Even with the extend mag, its very concealable. IMO 8+1 makes for a great setup with such a compact package.

Best part is that they are so cheap right now that you can use them and abuse them and not give it a second thought.

For the price of most other options, you can get two Shields! Get two 9mms and have one as backup, or in your **** kit, or your car, or one for your significant other. OR....you can get a Shield 9mm and a Shield 45 for more versatility in terms of both size and caliber.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
PPS. Most reliable and best all around single stack 9 available. CCP has seriuos reliability problems.

Reactions: Mills and Vanelrx

·
Registered
217 Posts
239, because I love its features and accuracy. It's got everything I want and nothing I don't.

If I didn't have the 239, my next would be an XDs 9mm because it points naturally, well built and accurate. Also very versatile for concealability.

After that it would go:

-H&K P7M8 (would be higher if I could afford one)
-Colt Commander.45
-Shield 9

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm currently carrying the Honor Guard Long Slide. Just like the shield but with a longer sight radius and better grip. Can't beat the shield price with a rebate right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I like the P938 as well, and carry the SAS version when I can't carry my P229 40 ex-LEO.

Another very excellent gun is the S&W 3913 and variants. No longer make and sought after by those who know. Nice ones can be had on the used market for roughly $500 and up.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
After shooting all of the main players (shield, lc9, 43, xds, 938, honor defense, cw9, PPS) I kept coming back to the Walther. For me it was the ergonomics of the PPS M2 that really set it apart. That and the trigger. Love this gun. As a matter of fact, I have 2 friends who now carry them after getting to shoot mine and making the same decision. It may not be for everyone but it's definitely for me. Now is the best time to buy one too with the $100 factory rebate running through the summer.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.