SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I've come to switching the sights on my 239 that are super dim and ready for a revamp, I'm wondering what are best all around including target acquisition, I've researched and come to trijicon hds or trifling tfo's any experience with positive or negative feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I love my Trijicon HD night sights. The only complaint I have is the sharp edges of the front site (at least on my 1911). Had a couple of Holsters that the front site hangs up on and have had to modify them. Other than that, they're great.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I love my Trijicon HD night sights. The only complaint I have is the sharp edges of the front site (at least on my 1911). Had a couple of Holsters that the front site hangs up on and have had to modify them. Other than that, they're great.
I found sights for my P226 and P229 on Amazon, but couldn't find them for the 1911. Can you point the way for me?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I found sights for my P226 and P229 on Amazon, but couldn't find them for the 1911. Can you point the way for me?
Never mind. I must have went right by them twice.

Third time was charm, I found them. :huh:

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Big dot XS sights have the advantage of contrast sights and are readily seen in daylight and at night are much brighter than sig night sights.

They take some getting used to and are slightly less accurate than standard sights.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys aren't making this easy! Dang I just got a 226 tacops .40 and it has the truglo front sight so I guess once I shoot that if Ill be able to have some insight to what truglo has to offer

·
Registered
738 Posts
Have used XS and TRUGLO TFOs.

For in close and extremely fast acquisition the XS is hard to beat. At distance it is not as precise as a fiber optic front. Because my eyes are getting a little older (I'm not :), I find the TFOs are a good compromise and seem to cover most of the bases for me. Both are good sights. Good luck with your choice. Happy shooting. :D

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
IMHO...
SIGLites are made by Meprolight. Trijicons are a hair brighter than the Meprolights. Is it worth paying extra for that hair extra brightness?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.