SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my RM06 and looking for a very experienced gunsmith online to mill and install the RMR as low as possible. I would like it to have a very thin baseplate if possible.

Mostly on google, I people suggest Suarez international especially if its a glock. But I read a post about a sig p226 owner have a horrible experience. I decided that sigtalk would be a better to find out.

If you have pictures of your p226 with RMR please do post it!

Thank you.

P.S. I tried to search it but "rmr", "red", "dot" were too small of search words.

· Registered
211 Posts
I have not had a Sig slide milled (yet), but after some google-fu research I sent my Glock G20 slide to L&M Precision to be milled for an RMR and have suppressor sights installed. The turnaround was decent and I am very pleased with the work. I'm sure y'all would prefer I not litter this thread with a pic of an ugly old Glock, but an RMR setup on a pistol is great!

Here's a link:

http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,998 Posts
You know, Bumper, I don't think it is going to be Plant Food any time soon.
I have one of the Series 1 Model 22s and so far it has outshot almost everything else in .40 that I have had.
It has been the Truck Gun, the Boat Gun, and the going into the woods gun for all that time and it has not failed to feed, fire, or hit what I aimed at.

Some of my other MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE weapons cannot say that.
It just works.

· Registered
8,998 Posts
Rogger.
Don't do the "Milled Slide" thing. 3 reasons.
1. SIG optics are not really settled. I think they are over priced and that they underperform.
2. You can always recap your investment in the weapon by pulling the Adapter Plate off of the weapon and re-installing the rear sight.
3. The "Co Rresidency" thing is great when you are shooting for points. But if your optics fails Due to abuse (I have bushnell Fast Fire IIIs and only abuse would kill them. Or me forgetting batteries) you are probably going to Point Shoot anyway.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I am filling out the L&M form as we speak. How much more was the custom sealing plate? I like how there is no gap between slide and the sides of the RMR. Would appreciate if there were a focused picture of it from the shooters perspective like in third photo.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rogger.
Don't do the "Milled Slide" thing. 3 reasons.
1. SIG optics are not really settled. I think they are over priced and that they underperform.
2. You can always recap your investment in the weapon by pulling the Adapter Plate off of the weapon and re-installing the rear sight.
3. The "Co Rresidency" thing is great when you are shooting for points. But if your optics fails Due to abuse (I have bushnell Fast Fire IIIs and only abuse would kill them. Or me forgetting batteries) you are probably going to Point Shoot anyway.
I am using Trijicon RMR. I've read bad things about the Romeo1 optics and plus they are impossible to get.

· Registered
605 Posts
I have a 320 RX and so far no issues with the sight.

Mark at L&M milled a conversion kit slide for my 226 Legion (I wanted to preserve the regular Legion slide with the X Ray sights) and installed a Trijicon RM06. Great work.

I have had Robert Burke do X Ray sight installations and his Carry Level job on several of my Sigs and he did great work. I just learned that he too does slide milling.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 320 RX and so far no issues with the sight.

Mark at L&M milled a conversion kit slide for my 226 Legion (I wanted to preserve the regular Legion slide with the X Ray sights) and installed a Trijicon RM06. Great work.

I have had Robert Burke do X Ray sight installations and his Carry Level job on several of my Sigs and he did great work. I just learned that he too does slide milling.
I was thinking of getting another slide too. How does the legion look with the black slide with rmr on it's frame?

· Registered
23,709 Posts
Mark at L&M is great. I trusted him with my X5. He also did my HK VP9.
Both with trijicon cowitness suppressor sights. He also made a custom mount plate for my X5. I'm a big red dot fan.
Now THAT is just slicker than Outers Tri-lube on ice!

First time I've seen someone post work that someone did to address changing sights on a slide with the milling for target sights.

Very cool.

· Registered
605 Posts
I was thinking of getting another slide too. How does the legion look with the black slide with rmr on it's frame?
Looks good to me. I will try to get a photo posted shortly. My wife got pitched from her horse and had to have a total hip replacement, so I am a little slammed being her caregiver.

· Registered
605 Posts
Frame a little lighter, but very dark gray, slide black...very close.

The photos of the gun laying down are with fluorescent lighting and a window. The one in my hand is in outdoor late afternoon light.

When the light is right you can see a slight difference, but the slight contrast is nice looking to me.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice! I plan on milling on my legion slide. The legion gun is hard to get in California and I had to pay 2x the price through private party. It was a gift from my wife and my first gun. I'm going to keep this bad boy forever and pass it to my newborn who is due this April when he becomes of age.

Going to ship it this Saturday and I'll update in 4-6 weeks. Thank you for your advice.

· Registered
9,114 Posts
I can't say I've ever heard of anyone being unhappy with L&M, or with TheSigArmorer for that matter. We are blessed to have some real talent out there. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.