SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Why are they always small?

Small guns usually suck to shoot and have lots of snap.
Their purpose is for different degrees of concealability not typically for small people.
Usually.
It can really turn off a new shooter. Especially a female.
A full sized beretta or glock or p226 is a excellent firearm for women shooters.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Why are they always small?

Small guns usually suck to shoot and have lots of snap.
Their purpose is for different degrees of concealability not typically for small people.
Usually.
It can really turn off a new shooter. Especially a female.
A full sized beretta or glock or p226 is a excellent firearm for women shooters.
If SHE has small hands and can't reach the trigger properly or operate the slide or controls comfortably; recoil is a far distant concern. JMO

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
My wife (72 years young and 105 pounds dripping wet) her EDC on the property is a CZ 75 Compact in an OWB. When she goes to town it is a Sig 238 (holster varies). she also has a CZ Shadow 2 Orange but it is really too big for her to carry.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
The best gun for a woman is the gun she feels comfortable with, can shoot and most importantly, is willing to shoot. The worst gun for a woman.....most likely the one a man picked out for her and told her is was the best for her, usually the husband. So many stories of women returning guns their significant other picked out for them. Remember situation where a Texas License to Carry (LTC) instructor emphatically told a young lady the best pistol for her was .380. Even had a particular gun in mind, I believe it was a Bursa. She was not happy about it and told him so. It would seem she was a former Army MP and was very comfortable shooting a 9mm,both Beretta and Glock.

·
Registered
220 Posts
True story: My wife generally shoots most of my (small) collection of guns, but never warmed up to any.

We (well, ok, I) was thinking of buying a P365 for small CCW. We rented one. She said, you know, I shoot this really well. Surprised the heck out of me when she said "I want to buy one", so she did. Just got back from her first training course in Georgia; and I was very proud of her. She shoots that little gun pretty well. Loaded 10+1 with Speer Gold Dot 115 JHPs, I would not want to mess with her. Gun or no gun. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts