SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I shoot 115 grain FMJ. Cost is manageable and accuracy is good. I got slightly better accuracy from 124 grain FMJ but not enough to spend the extra money.

Thinking about taking up reloading, in the research stage at this point gathering enough data to make an informed decision. If I do that I may switch to 124 grain FMJ.

Reactions: Mills and Vanelrx

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
My weekly handgun group is comprised of all reloaders. Their experience ranges from 2 years to over 60 years reloading.

About half of them like 115 Grain plated and the other half like 124 Grain plated.

I go back and forth. I open a box of 1,000 of 115 Grain and load those until they're gone, then open a box of 1,000 124Grain and load those until they're gone.

I don't have a preference other than price.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I always thought shooters try to make things seem much more scientific than they really are. I figure out what SD ammo I am going to use for a particular gun then try to use the same grain for practice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.