SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

馃帠USAF Retired
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to get a CZ with a military discount. Heard good things about the brand, just not familiar with them. Curious what model folks would recommend. Striker, polymer, no restrictions...

Reactions: sigsrok

Premium Member
Depends on your application....carry, target/competition, home defense...?

For carry, several here (including myself) and many elsewhere are big fans of the PCR...a DA/SA compact with a lightweight aluminum frame. There are a few threads here singing their praises.

Reactions: New Car Smell

Registered
So..... total CZ fanboy here. But unless you get some custom work the triggers aren't much to brag about....

I have had two CZ 75's, and a RAMI, currently have a Scorpion as well.

Reactions: jerman

馃帠USAF Retired
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I had originally included that I had no particular purpose beyond the range...I inadvertently edited that part out.

That said, any gun I buy could always go into my EDC plans if I can shoot and conceal it well enough. Or home defense...

I always start by looking for a gun that's fun to shoot.

Registered
I have experience with most all available. I have never found one that I would not own if available. As MoRivera says "Depends on your application". I must say I have been spending the most time with a Scorpion Evo lately.

Registered
Sorry, I had originally included that I had no particular purpose beyond the range...I inadvertently edited that part out.

That said, any gun I buy could always go into my EDC plans if I can shoot and conceal it well enough. Or home defense...

I always start by looking for a gun that's fun to shoot.
For primarily range use the steel frame CZ 75B or SP01 are really nice. However they don't have a decocker. If you want a decocker for SD use also, rather than cocked and locked, the CZ 75BD and SP01 Tactical have decockers though some say generally the triggers are a bit better on the safety models.

For all around use the aluminum frame P01 and PCR compacts are both nice and have decockers. The P01 has a rail and the PCR does not. The poly frame P07 is also another excellent all around DA/SA pistol and comes with decocker.

Good luck making your choice as they are all fine pistols. :)

http://cz-usa.com/product-category/handguns/

Banned
I'd go to war with our sp01, on top of that it's super fun to shoot. I carry the compact version daily. The 97 (.45) keeps flirting with me. ;)

Would your discount apply towards one of the custom shops? (Cajun/czcustom)

Registered
I have the full size CZ 75 with the Omega trigger. The gun just feels awesome in my hand with the rubber grips. The DA trigger is smooth and the SA is really light and this is right from the factory. Accurate too. Too big for as a EDC gun.

You should pick one up at a LGS to see for yourself.

Good luck

Premium Member
I own two CZ's - a full size CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical and the CZ Scorpion EVO S-1 pistol - love 'em both! If I had to choose just one and it was as strictly range or home defense use, the Scorpion EVO S-1 (suppressed, of course!) would be the hands down choice!

Registered
I own two CZ's - a full size CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical and the CZ Scorpion EVO S-1 pistol - love 'em both! If I had to choose just one and it was as strictly range or home defense use, the Scorpion EVO S-1 (suppressed, of course!) would be the hands down choice!
My Scorpion has been getting all my love and attention lately.

Banned
My personal preference is the CZ-75B Omega, although I would prefer a decocker rather than a safety. But, the gun is superbly crafted with excellent ergonomics and extremely accurate. Jeff Cooper called the CZ-75 the best combat pistol made, next to the 1911.

Reactions: sigsrok

馃帠USAF Retired
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would your discount apply towards one of the custom shops? (Cajun/czcustom)
CZ provides a list (which they asked not be shared) of various items. I doubt custom shops apply (didn't see anything on the list)

Registered
My personal preference is the CZ-75B Omega, although I would prefer a decocker rather than a safety. But, the gun is superbly crafted with excellent ergonomics and extremely accurate. Jeff Cooper called the CZ-75 the best combat pistol made, next to the 1911.
I have the Urban Grey with decocker.

Attachments

Banned
^thought it would have been quite the opportunity if cz custom was included.
Anyhow, sp01 is my vote. To start. ;)
Don't think you'd have any buyers remorse with a shadow either. But I think that's from the custom shop side.

Registered
The new Shadow 2 would be a great rang/HD gun or competition if your into that.
For carry the 2075 RAMI BD or the 75 PCR are my choices.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.