SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I've ever used is Hoppes #9. Does anyone recommend something else to clean and lube or do all in one?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I clean with Hoppes but lube the rails with TW25 and oil with Breakfree CLP

Reactions: baikal

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I use gun scrubber spray for cleaning, hopps for lubing parts that rotate and weapon shield grease for anything that moves back and forth such as the slide....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
What makes a good cleaner does not make a good lubricant.

Hoppes is okay for cleaning. Some other are probably just as good.

Lubricants are numerous. A good old fashioned, high quality oil will work just as well as Remoil or the others.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Using TW25 on the rails for a very long time, works really good.

Started cleaning and lubing with Rand CLP, very happy with that stuff, better at cutting through rusty parts than most of the others I've used.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I personally use gunzilla for cleaning, slip 2000 EWL for lubrication and TW25 grease for the rails and metal on metal contact points. Like GreyCoupe pointed out...they all work, you just have to use them as intended.

Reactions: Ohsheepdog

·
Registered
106 Posts
CLP for cleaning and TW25 for lube. If I had found the TW25, I just might still own a Keltec! NOT! :eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use fireclean on all my firearms. Never had any issues with it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I won't tell you what I use but my gun smells good and kinda like wintergreen. LOL

·
Registered
363 Posts
Froglube, and coat the entire weapon, lubes, and inhibits rust real well.
Absorbs into the barrel bore and won't let stuff stick so cleaning is just wiping stuff off.

There are many Youtube vids comparing many products, see for yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Froglube, and coat the entire weapon, lubes, and inhibits rust real well.
Absorbs into the barrel bore and won't let stuff stick so cleaning is just wiping stuff off.

There are many Youtube vids comparing many products, see for yourself.
does froglube have abrasives in it? does it work on all surfaces including stainless steel, aluminum, anodized, etc and not cause damage? what about on painted surfaces?

how is froglube compared to hoppes? all gun shops seem to sell hoppes 9 as the primary cleaning oil/lube so i am trying to compare everything to hoppes 9..i want something that cleans, lubricates, and coats the gun surface to make cleanup easier

thanks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I use a Dewey rod with a bronze brush to clean after shooting. Butches Bore Shine is the solvent that I use. I also use a jag with a patch for the solvent and oil.

For a rail lube I use TW25B which I believe Sig recommends. TW25B oil is also good for the areas that I do not use grease. Slide glide is also good lube for the rails.

I clean after every use.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ask five gun owners what they use for C, L, and P and you'll get six answers.

Ballistol here, for everything metal, polymer, wood, or leather except lead removal, which calls for Kroil. I will use Shooter's Choice gun grease in the works of a wheel gun because they don't get opened up very often, and I wipe everything external with a silicone cloth. My guns all seem none the worse for it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
As long as you don't use Hoppe's #9 for lubrication (it is a solvent only), you will be fine. Any lubricant, including motor oil, will work just fine. You just need the right amounts in the right places.

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
what about using hoppes 9 solvent to clean the gun then Break-Free CLP for lubrication to keep on the gun? is it ok to use these two products back to back?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts