SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Virtus and although I'm not a big fan of the folding PCB generally... it seems like it could actually fit in a lot of backpacks. Does anyone use a backpack for a 9" with a folding brace/stock? If so, which are you using?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Gamut 2.0 backpack would be large enough to fit a 9" barrel with a folding brace/stock. Doesn't look overly tactical either.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Review the GCA & state regs before you conceal carry...if you reside in a communist state.

Sling it & open carry....NO one will ask you for geographic directions or locations!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Review the GCA & state regs before you conceal carry...if you reside in a communist state.

Sling it & open carry....NO one will ask you for geographic directions or locations!!
Lol, not planning on carrying a 9" rifle anytime soon, open or otherwise. But I do prefer backpack-capable sizing!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Gamut 2.0 backpack would be large enough to fit a 9" barrel with a folding brace/stock. Doesn't look overly tactical either.
Interesting - I've seen that one and like how it looks like more of a big hiking backpack. Worth that huge price though?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I also recently got a 9" Virtus but I think I'm going to swap the telescoping SB off my MPX for the folding brace. Length as is comes in about 19.25", and I think the SB will add maybe 2.5". Would that still go in the Gamut? I'm also considering the Eberlestock S25 Cherry Bomb.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also recently got a 9" Virtus but I think I'm going to swap the telescoping SB off my MPX for the folding brace. Length as is comes in about 19.25", and I think the SB will add maybe 2.5". Would that still go in the Gamut? I'm also considering the Eberlestock S25 Cherry Bomb.
Hah, great minds - I did just that. I have grown to like the PCB a little more nowadays - it's slightly lighter in weight, doesn't spin as much as it used to, and of course it's shorter folded, but the telescoping brace on my gray Virtus looks so badass.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just got a Virtus and although I'm not a big fan of the folding PCB generally... it seems like it could actually fit in a lot of backpacks. Does anyone use a backpack for a 9" with a folding brace/stock? If so, which are you using?
Never been a fan of back/fanny pack carry. If it looks interesting to a quick thief then away it goes

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been using the Drago Tracker backpack. My Sig MCX in 300 BO with the 9" barrel fits in the bag, with my suppressor not attached. It may look like a tight fit, but that is because I put a piece of 2" foam in the bottom of the back to protect it if dropped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts