SIG Talk banner

Beretta/Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical vs CZ Shadow 2

9898 19
Looking at these 2 for HD. The Brig Tac would have the action tune. Any opinions on which one you would prefer and why?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Get both!!! I have both and they both travel to the range with me during every visit.

They are certainly both great guns in factory form. I'm a tad more accurate with the WC, most likely because of the weight difference. Being they are both at approximately at the same price point, I would go with the WC Beretta.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Get both!!! I have both and they both travel to the range with me during every visit.

They are certainly both great guns in factory form. I'm a tad more accurate with the WC, most likely because of the weight difference. Being they are both at approximately at the same price point, I would go with the WC Beretta.
Could you tell me what the trigger is like on the WC?
Thank you.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Either of these would be fantastic, but of the two, having the money, I would opt for the Beretta. The WC customization makes this gun stand out to me. But, having handled both, like I said, either will do nicely. Very nicely.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Surprised to see the Beretta is about the same as the CZ. I was under the impression that the WC Beretta was around $2500, but I'd still go with the Beretta. I just like the size, feel, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Mine is action tuned. No creep and SA is ~3.1lbs. It's a smooth trigger. The reset is considerable longer then a Sig SRT or a stock shadow reset.
Hmm, sounds like advantage Shadow on the reset. I wonder how smooth the stock Shadow 2 trigger is comparatively. I believe the tuned Brig Tac would have a lighter pull, but the Shadow 2 could be lightened with different springs I would imagine. Anybody have an opinion which trigger is better?

Also, since I haven't held one, I was wondering about is the weight of the Shadow 2. Does it feel too heavy? At 46.5 oz. empty vs the Beretta's 36, it sounds like it could. You're talking like 3 1/2 lbs. loaded.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

Hmm, sounds like advantage Shadow on the reset. I wonder how smooth the stock Shadow 2 trigger is comparatively. I believe the tuned Brig Tac would have a lighter pull, but the Shadow 2 could be lightened with different springs I would imagine. Anybody have an opinion which trigger is better?

Also, since I haven't held one, I was wondering about is the weight of the Shadow 2. Does it feel too heavy? At 46.5 oz. empty vs the Beretta's 36, it sounds like it could. You're talking like 3 1/2 lbs. loaded.

I have never owned a CZ, so anything specific to a CZ I can't help you with. I do own a SIG P220 Elite SAO, which is all stainless and weighs roughly 46 ozs. It is a load! Probably good for shooting for accuracy and certainly good for soaking up recoil (it is a 10mm), but not so sure about hd.

The pistols you are comparing are much different it seems. The CZ is a target pistol, the WC a specced out duty pistol.

·
Registered
784 Posts
:eek: :eek: :huh: C'mon man! Aceman said I should buy both!! I thought I was being fiscally responsible by purchasing only 1!! :p
My bad lol :)

In all seriousness, a HD gun, if ever used in a defense situation, would be kept in a evidence room for a long time. There goes your money :)

Plus the Shadow 2 has light trigger pull and no firing pin block. Not a good choice for HD in my opinion. I'd buy a used P220/P226/P229 or CZ P01/SP01 for that purpose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.