SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I handled one of these not too long ago at my LGS. My initial impression is that it is pretty well made, incorporating attributes from the Glock and M&P, but the trigger seemed particularly clunky. It was a bit heavy and had a distinct thud once it broke. Take up was fine, but I was actually surprised by the break, and I'm not a trigger snob! I actually prefer the factory triggers on most guns, striker and DA/SA, to modified jobs.

I thought the slide was a little cheesy looking at first, but it's actually kind of nice. I liked how balanced the gun felt in my hands, but it didn't take long for others to start bashing it. I would like to shoot one to see how well the trigger actually performs, but one thing I did note is that the gun seems to be pretty wide. It is definitely a "duty" gun, IMO, but I do applaud Beretta for getting in the game with what I think will be a solid choice for those who want to give it a run. Overall I held a favorable impression.

Reactions: Cyanide971

·
Banned
95 Posts
On my wish list for sure. Just about anything Beretta makes is first-rate. Looks are secondary to me but I don't mind the odd-shaped top. Reminds me of Toblerone chocolate bar. Leave it to the Italians to come up with the most interesting designs, whether guns, cars or women.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Great review! I got to handle a test sample a week or so back. I honestly liked everything about it. The grip, super comfortable. The trigger, kills the Glock and M&P and easily competes with the VP9 and PPQ's. Slide serrations are excellent and take down is stupid easy. If the modularity is fully realized this could be the best striker fired gun on the market. I'm waiting to shoot one but as it is, if I was a striker guy this would probably be gun once we see some modularity options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.