· Premium Member
10,531 Posts
Reactions: bumper

· Registered
5,319 Posts
Reactions: bumper

· Registered
452 Posts
Beretta seems to have knocked it out of the park with this one. The modular design following the 320 will turn the tupperware pistol market upside down. Watch as manufacturer sales drop post Trump. Extra credit for the laughs it brings from glock fanboys complaining about the looks of the Beretta.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Pretty good review. I have long been a Beretta fan, but when I first saw photos of the APX I thought that the slide with its cheese grater charging handles/cocking serrations was frighteningly ugly. It looks somewhat less so in the video. I wonder how much these aggressive serrations might interfere with holstering the weapon, or how much they might chew up a leather holster.

I like that the interchangeable back straps actually wrap around onto the sides of the magazine receiver. The interchangeable back straps on the Gen 4 Glocks do nothing for me because they do not alter the shape or width of the grip, only the anterior-posterior dimension.

Regarding the firing pin block rising up out of the slide, this is a pretty common feature of Berettas. The 92 series has it, the Cougar had it (although the block is rectangular in those), the PX4 Storm has it. I can see how it might be an issue fitting an optic.

Having to drive out a pin to take out the chassis is certainly a bit more cumbersome than removing the FCU on the P320.

The thing I really don't get is the "bullet button" striker decocker. Certainly, too many people have accidentally shot themselves or someone else field stripping pistols like Glocks which require a trigger pull to remove the slide because they forgot to clear the chamber. But if you are going to remember to pull the slide back and find something small and pointy enough to push the decocker button in, wouldn't you remember to clear the chamber? And wouldn't it be easier to do so?

The pistol seemed to handle recoil very nicely, but you would expect that of a 9 mm of this size and weight. All in all, I have a much more positive feel about the APX after watching the video. I would like to try shooting one, if I get the chance.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
The rising pin would be a deal killer for me.
Apart from the potential issue with fitting an optic, it really isn't much of a deal. I have a Beretta 92 FS and three Cougars and you don't even notice the block rise when you shoot them.

The firing pin blocks on hammer-fired Berettas due tend to cause a bit of stacking at the end of the trigger pull. Some people will cut down the spring that holds the block down and some will polish up the sides of the block and the slide cut out it rides in to reduce any possible friction.

· Registered
3,458 Posts
Don't see it as anything special as beretta try's to make it out to be but it does give guys that prefer a beretta a striker fired pistol choice . ITs tall , longer and heavy for a carry pistol when compared to most others in the same class .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.