SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an estimate from Grey guns for a trigger job 4 months ago on a P320 RX. It was $328 plus shipping. After 4 month I got a new estimate for $369 plus shipping!! I was born at night but not last night. P320 RX for sale $1200!!

Registered
Absent any really unusual circumstance, which is exceeding unlikely as an uncovered defect would be a SIG warranty issue, I'd say good business practice dictates they honor their original quote even if it means they must eat some of their margin. I'd call GGI and suggest (or insist if required) they honor the first quote.

Premium Member
I would have given them the name of the person who quoted you the original price and/or ask to speak to that person directly again and remind them of the price you were quoted by them 4 months ago.
You DID write down the contact name of the person who gave you the original quote and date you spoke to them didn't you, just in case a situation like this did happen to come up?

Registered
Four months ago they may have been looking for work, now they're busier. Or, who knows?

They can price their work any way they want. Especially if you didn't accept the "estimate" (whatever specifically that means) at the time.

Registered
Four months ago they may have been looking for work, now they're busier. Or, who knows?

They can price their work any way they want. Especially if you didn't accept the "estimate" (whatever specifically that means) at the time.

No, GGI is busy all the time, they always have a long wait - months rather than weeks. And, I've heard they do good work, though perhaps not as customer involved as TheSigArmorer. GGI has also taken and early interest in support of the P320, so has experience and stuff developed for that gun, probably more so than other aftermarket vendors.

But, unless they have a little line on their order form that says, "Our quotes are estimates only, we charge whatever we wish when we are done and you must pay that if you ever want to see your gun again!" (or words to that effect), they need to honor their quote. It's good for customer relations and it's the right thing to do.

Registered
An estimate or quote does not equal the final cost nor are they expected to honor a 4 month old quote especially since that was in 2016.

Now if the pistol was in their possession already, you'll have a better argument, however GGI may opt to not take on the work as it is their choice.

I will parrot bearone2:

for a $41 increase you're selling????????????????

Registered
Written quotes generally come with an expiration. I bet if you ask them how long the current quote was good for, they could give you an answer. We build hardware and when we order parts, we have to do a LOT of fancy talking to get them to commit to Off The Shelf parts for more than 3 months. I was working a proposal that required guaranteed prices for 6 months. We had to negotiate that clause out of the contract because we couldn't get any vendors to give us a quote.

Registered
I was quoted a lower price than their current price on their website. I was sent the quote with an estimated wait time and the agreement was if I accept the terms to respond to the Email and I would be put on the waiting list. I accepted the terms and I'm on the list. I hope they still honor the price I agreed to when I got my order number from them. At the new price plus shipping both ways it would put the cost well over $400 for a trigger job. I paid $100 for an excellent trigger job on a S&W 686 and paid $140ea. for several trigger kits for my XDm's that I fitted and installed myself. $400 is a LOT of money for a trigger job and is only $25 less than my leo price for a NIB P320.

Registered
What is the matter with a stock 320 trigger than it costs so much to "correct" it?

I bought a 1995 P229 with a DA of 9.75# and a SA of 3.75# -- stock -- . Don't have a 320, but really, why does it cost over $300 to make it usable?
It's usable out of the box, but to make it mo-betta send it to GG. GG does it for a hefty price, but they replace several parts with their own milled pieces and it comes with a new trigger. I'm betting the $40 price jump is for the trigger included with the kit, whereas before the service kept the factory one.

Registered
What is the matter with a stock 320 trigger than it costs so much to "correct" it?

I bought a 1995 P229 with a DA of 9.75# and a SA of 3.75# -- stock -- . Don't have a 320, but really, why does it cost over $300 to make it usable?
I really don't think anything is wrong with it.

I like the flat feel of the trigger. A lower weight helps me maintain my aim while triggering.

Stock Trigger is still fantastic. GG trigger is lighter, and if you like Flat triggers, there's that.

It's just a spring change, and a flat piece of metal.

Registered
I really don't think anything is wrong with it.

I like the flat feel of the trigger. A lower weight helps me maintain my aim while triggering.

Stock Trigger is still fantastic. GG trigger is lighter, and if you like Flat triggers, there's that.

It's just a spring change, and a flat piece of metal.
You are mistaken. The drop in trigger kit is a new spring and trigger, but this thread is about the complete action package that Grey Guns offers.

Registered
You do realize that typical quotes in any business are only good for 30 days right? 4 months ago puts it in 2016 so there could have been a planed price increase for 2017 and now you see it. Business costs didn't go down that's for sure and they have to make it up somewhere.

Registered
Why would anyone pay 1200 dollars for a p320rx , that's a fools price . A saw a full size RX locally for 789 dollars and got to check the dot optic on it and went on my way . Now about that price increase of your gray customs upgrade , you did call and ask why ?? Right . So what were you told ??

Most have known for 6 months or longer Gray Customs was building a trigger kit that we could do at home that could give you a low to mid 4lb trigger pull so unless you have a match/range only p320 you surly don't need a lighter trigger than the kit would have offered do you unless there some medical issues ??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.