SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a duty/battle belt set up. I’m looking for more of a budget belt right now. Let me some set ups!

·
Registered
356 Posts
you'll be in for a bit if you go with a big padded battle belt, but you can do a Velcro lined inner/outer belt system fairly cheaply, or even an HSGI "Duty Belt"

for pouches you could do Kydex or nylon or a mix, I have ANR design kydex pistol mag pouches and HSGI Taco Rifle pouches. a cheap amazon dump pouch, a good med kit and a holster(you can go from a $200 safariland ALS, to a $40 bladetech depending on how much you're looking to invest) and you should be gtg for most classes or whatever you intend on using your battle belt for,

·
Premium Member
4,250 Posts
Looking to buy a duty/battle belt set up. I’m looking for more of a budget belt right now. Let me some set ups!
How extensive of a kit do you plan to run? This could directly dictate the recommendations, and thus your choices. If, for example, you're just looking for a sturdy belt to run a holster and a few mag pouches, that's one thing. But if you plan to run a holster, several mag pouches, IFAK, TQ, dump pouch, knife/multitool, etc. then you're going to be wanting substantially beefier.

I think a good middle of the road option (though by no means the only one), which you can either 'dress down' or 'dress up' with a decent load when needed, is the HSGI 'Duty Grip' belt. I can post pics of mine later, but this is what I would recommend for a really versatile rig. But like I said, if you're looking to have a dedicated, fairly extensive belt load, you should go with something really specifically designed for that.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I recommend checking out Blue Alpha Belts, Ronin Tactics or Ferro Concepts they have excellent belts. Magazine pouches wise go with High Speed Gear Taco's or Esstac. Holster wise since you said duty go with a Safariland duty holster with or without their QLS kit.

Blue Alpha Belts
Tactical Belt - Military & Police Tactical Gear - Ronin Tactics
LOYAL TO THE MISSION – FERRO CONCEPTS
High Speed Gear
Esstac
Safariland
Centrifuge Training

Mine is a Ronin Tactics Task Force Belt in M81 woodland which sadly they discontinued M81 but not the belt. The outer belt is 1.75" and comes standard with the inner 2" belt the inner belt is a problem if you want or need to throw on the outer belt with jeans, since the inner belt won't fit jean belt loops. They do sell separately of course an inner 1.5" belt (Blue Alpha Belts come standard with the 1.5" inner belt).

For mag pouches I went with High Speed Gear Taco's since I use two different guns with this belt and it's pretty easy to adjust them for different mags. However, if I was using just one gun with this belt I'd use the Esstac Kywi.

Holster's are Safariland with their QLS kit so I can go back and forth between guns. I also added to each holster from Centrifuge Training their Negative Cant Plate it allows end user to adjust holster cant and remove Safariland's factory holster cant.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
With HSGI padded belts it's just the outer padded belt.
You still have to get an inner belt for it.
I cheaped out and got the cheaper one and should have spent a few more bucks and got the one with a better buckle. I don't like the plastic one and will swap it out someday.
Which is kind of a PITA with the Velcro.
Gotta remember also that skinny guys like me don't get as much real estate to hang stuff on it either so larger bags and such may not have enough slots to use it.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How extensive of a kit do you plan to run?
nothing crazy. Probably just a holster and some mag pouches...but i would like to have the option of running some more stuff on it if need be. A good middle of the road setup would be perfect.

Reactions: Hammer

·
Registered
554 Posts
Condor makes a tactical belt that I wear every day with my property work pants (ripstop HD pants for outdoor work). It barely fits thru the loops. It is rather stiff and HD.

I also have a Condor battle belt that the tactical belt fits into (the tactical belt is required for the battle belt, it is slipped inside the battle belt, but is sold separately). The battle belt is much larger and padded with Molle loops on it and attachment points for a harness. Condor makes and sells several variations of these.

Both are relatively inexpensive and available on Amazon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.