SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be complaints from some about the Romeo1 battery life lasting weeks although many are having the battery last months. A LGS has a RM400 rifle in with a Romeo 5 attached, the advertised life of the Romeo5 battery which also has MOTAC is 40,000 hours. Seems to me Sig could have done better on battery life for the Romeo1.

·
Registered
639 Posts
There seems to be complaints from some about the Romeo1 battery life lasting weeks although many are having the battery last months. A LGS has a RM400 rifle in with a Romeo 5 attached, the advertised life of the Romeo5 battery which also has MOTAC is 40,000 hours. Seems to me Sig could have done better on battery life for the Romeo1.
I would not believe all that you hear about the R1 low battery life. There have been folks that say (Sig included) that it is a week and there have been others that carry the RX and have not turned it off in months and it is fine.

I believe it is possible some folks have a faulty optic which drains the battery prematurely and some have been attributed to a loose battery cover.

Mine has been fine for 2.5 months now.. I don't carry but have not turned it off and still bright as can be.

Reactions: TheEyeronic1

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would not believe all that you hear about the R1 low battery life. There have been folks that say (Sig included) that it is a week and there have been others that carry the RX and have not turned it off in months and it is fine.

I believe it is possible some folks have a faulty optic which drains the battery prematurely and some have been attributed to a loose battery cover.

Mine has been fine for 2.5 months now.. I don't carry but have not turned it off and still bright as can be.
Yes, you are exactly right. There will always be a small percentage of defective components in any device and those bad ones are what people will be most vocal about on these forums. Though a failed weapon optics is a bit more concerning than say a bad toaster...:lol:

I've been EDC the P320RX for about 2.5 months now with the original no name battery. Everyday carrying it on or off body, in the truck, range practice at least twice a month, cleaning it, occasional dry fire and general all around fondling. All works perfectly.

Obviously the batteries won't last as long as my rifle mounted Aimpoint Pro that just sits in the case. Heck, I want mine to drain so I can replace it with a good Duracell. So time will tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.