SIG Talk banner

BarSto P320 Barrels

22997 25
BarSto now has match grade aftermarket P320 barrels available. They come in full size or compact/carry and in 357 SIG, .40, 9mm, and 9mm conversion.
Standard length, ported, or threaded available for semi drop in or gunsmith got.

Bar-Sto Precision Machine
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
It says the barrels might need to be fitted. Would I have to pay them the $200+ to fit it or could I get a local gun smith to do it? Also what would that process be? Also whats the difference between Match and semi fit?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It says the barrels might need to be fitted. Would I have to pay them the $200+ to fit it or could I get a local gun smith to do it? Also what would that process be? Also whats the difference between Match and semi fit?
A local gunsmith can fit it or you can do it yourself.
A good file and some patience is all it takes. The match requires more fitting.

·
Registered
80 Posts
BarSto makes a great barrel and when fitted properly are capable of precision accuracy. That said I'm not sure what advantage a BarSto barrel will give over a Sig factory offering. Maybe longer life as BarSto uses very high quality steel. I've shot many handguns over the years both custom and production and the P320 has matched any accuracy I've seen in all custom pistols I've shot. When I can consistently get 1 1/2"- 2" groups from Winchester White Box at 25 yards with a factory pistol I don't need a $200.00 BarSto. Now when you're talking about pocket pool accuracy well, that's where a fitted BarSto shines. But I've never seen a striker fired pistol in a pocket pool match. Mostly custom 1911's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would say you probably better be capable of shooting up to the standards of a match grade barrel and have quality ammunition to feed it. As long as you can do that, then there is the issue of keeping it nice and clean because a good deal of the factory tolerances will most likely have been removed when a match barrel has been fitted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bar-Sto makes great stuff. Have two of their barrels in custom 1911s and they are fantastic. Just hate the price for their 226 and now the 320 barrels. I probably will be buying their 226 threaded conversion barrel because I can't find another like it, but probably skip the 320 barrels unless I decide to use a 320 in serious competition someday.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Their website claims that the 9mm conversion barrel can be installed in 357 Sig or 40 S&W and does not need a different recoil spring OR magazines. $230. Hmmmmm. Sig 9mm conversion kit, $407 last time I looked. Hmmmmm, again.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why's that?
The chamber on the KKM was unforgiving. Unless my reloads dropped cleanly into a case gage you ran a chance of having death jam while on the clock. I got pretty good at clearing those by whacking the back of the grip while holding the slide, and made a habit of of checking every single round if it was something I would shoot on the clock. The BarSto wasn't as finicky, shot slightly tighter groups, and was a better fit in the gun overall. I have found that having the gunsmith fit barrels on the polymer guns also has the effect of tightening up the slide to frame fit which improves the trigger pull since there is less vertical slop.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The chamber on the KKM was unforgiving. Unless my reloads dropped cleanly into a case gage you ran a chance of having death jam while on the clock. I got pretty good at clearing those by whacking the back of the grip while holding the slide, and made a habit of of checking every single round if it was something I would shoot on the clock. The BarSto wasn't as finicky, shot slightly tighter groups, and was a better fit in the gun overall. I have found that having the gunsmith fit barrels on the polymer guns also has the effect of tightening up the slide to frame fit which improves the trigger pull since there is less vertical slop.
Thanks!

·
Registered
906 Posts
The only reason I'd pick up a barsto barrel is for the threaded full size since Sig doesn't make a threaded bbl for a full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this exactly.

sig dropped the ball on only threading a full size barrel and calling it a compact threaded barrel.

excited for more threaded barrels to hit the market for the fullsize p320. I dont want a match barrel that has a stupid tight chamber that you have to run expensive ammo in but apparently sig decided no soup for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.