SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,018 Posts
Will a U series (1984) P226 barrel P226 fit a P220 in .38 Super? Any info?:confused:
I believe it has been discussed here previously, that the barrel is dimensionally the same as the P220 9mm, but minor fitting may be necessary. As far as a "switch barrel" in the .38 Super slide it may be feasible, I would possibly question insert / feed ramp compatibility, but Gun Parts Corp, for the P220, show the 9mm/.38Super/.30Luger all using same insert, and slide breech.

Here is one of the discussions I could actually find... http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-gunsmithing/74154-threaded-barrels-9mm-p220.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. I suppose that I can try to swap the barrels at home in the P226 and .38 Super P220 I have. Didn't want to get too far and lock anything together or have it bound up. They look close and I can get out the dial calipers for the close measurements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.