SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the middle of prepping for a sight change and I noticed that my barrel rests low on the slide. I changed my grip module to the Wilson combat carry II but I can’t remember if it was like the before. Is this an issue? The FCU seems to be in position correctly and I can’t see anything else that would be causing it. (Cleared before taking picture)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’m in the middle of prepping for a sight change and I noticed that my barrel rests low on the slide. I changed my grip module to the Wilson combat carry II but I can’t remember if it was like the before. Is this an issue? The FCU seems to be in position correctly and I can’t see anything else that would be causing it. (Cleared before taking picture)
Yes, that is pretty well how they are built. If it didn't have that then the barrel would not be able to tilt down when you fire it. Or be able to tilt the barrel out for cleaning.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Completely normal. It's how the barrel locks up when in battery. The "smilies" the you see on the barrel after a bit are the areas on the slide where it makes contact. If you take the barrel out of the slide and look at the area where the barrel passes through the front of the slide, you'll see the contact point for the upper side of the barrel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Part of the tilting barrel design, the front of the barrel is now a locking point as shown in your photo.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Welcome......like others have stated.....totally normal.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts