SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Gen3 P365 SAS with the barrel chipping/flaking a little on one small part of the 3.1" barrel. It's where the serial number side is at and it's kind of annoying. Do I attempt to fix it or do I leave it alone?

Any help to fix or thoughts on leaving it alone would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,164 Posts
Definitely need pictures.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, didn't realize pics would do this post more justice. I'll get it attached as soon as I get home. :eek:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yeah definitely contact Sig. I’ve never seen that much wear on a new 365. My 365 is over a year old and has very slight finish wear on the side of the barrel hood. Like a speck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
21,622 Posts
Either it wasn't properly cleaned and surface prepped before the finish treatment was performed, or it was exposed to splatter/overspray of something maybe acidic, after finishing.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That wouldn't bother me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Not the point of being bothered by it. It’s the fact of paying 5-6 hundred for a gun that has abnormal defects on the barrel finish. Too many examples of older 365’s that don’t have wear like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
540 Posts
The application of the finish seems to be defective. Call Sig and send it back. This is unacceptable. Again, Sig, get your act together.

·
Registered
886 Posts
See what the mothership says.
In our current climate, does the OP have an alternate defense gun?
If it's a cosmetic thing, don't worry about it, at least for the time being.
Moon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To answer most of the questions regarding this issue, I have no fired the P365. I just got it two weeks ago and still have yet to put a round through it.

As for the slide, I don't see any wear, however, I don't know what "wear" I should be looking for on the slide. I oiled the slide recently and seems to clean fine, maybe the oil residue after I've wiped it clean tends to appear hours later?

As for another back up to my carry weapon, I do carry a Ruger LCR .38 +P. I do like revolvers and the only non revolver firearm I would dare carry is the P365 because of it's overall footprint and capacity. A little heavier than my LCR, but having all that many rounds and even an extra mag, makes this a better peace of mind carry.

I've called SIG this morning, sent them photos, got approved, and most likely sending JUST the barrel back. I wish there was an aftermarket SAS ported barrel I can get. I wouldn't mind picking up a TRUE Precision barrel for my SAS, I just don't see the justification for having the ported slide then.

So excited to carry the P365 SAS but this happened, now I have to wait...SMH

1 - 20 of 23 Posts