SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Barrel Conversion Table

I have read a handful of threads dealing with with caliber pistol will take which caliber barrels, slides, etc. I have a quick little table here that I would like to get your comments and feedback as to accuracy. I can create these for any pistol we would deem necessary and have them available for all us newbies to reference.

Many thanks in advance. :)

1 APR 2015 – Updated table to reflect recently discovered changes. Many thanks to those who have taken the time to help ensure accuracy.

21 JUL 2016 – Updated table.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
Wish I had known that when I first got my 239. I called Sig and was told both 357 and 9mm were conversions. I got a Sig 357 that said conversion 357, and a bar-sto 9mm after a reasonable waiting time.
I was told here by Brickhead, they all the same size, so at a range that had a 9mm we put their 9mm barrel in my 239-40. Fit perfectly.

Prey tell where did you get that, and Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made the table based on some feedback from MC awhile back when I purchased a P239 Tactical from BDLCOM. I was confused then as to what I could do with it drop in barrel-wise.

What other P-series pistols have this same caliber availability? Also, this applies for drop-in barrels only, or does it also include conversion kits?

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
I made the table based on some feedback from MC awhile back when I purchased a P239 Tactical from BDLCOM. I was confused then as to what I could do with it drop in barrel-wise.

What other P-series pistols have this same caliber availability? Also, this applies for drop-in barrels only, or does it also include conversion kits?
I had a 229-40/9mm. Also I had a 226-40/357 sold like that from Sig.
I understand the 226,229,and I think the 2022, the 357 - 40 interchange and they all Must use a conversion 9mm bar-sto or Fire dragon Semi-fit.
Both are more accurate than a factory Sig barrel.
I have-had three Bar-stos and am impressed every time I shoot them.
The 40 magazines shoot all three calibers. Both Sig and Glock.

I just got a Bar-sto story CD from Top-gun and it is very informative. On Barstos start in the target shooting of the 70s to all the different ways barrels are made now, and why. Also how to judge and fit to Sigs, Glocks, and real informative 1911s.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is an updated table adding other models—please review and comment, thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
18,598 Posts
For the P229 and P226, starting with a 9mm slide, the 357 and 40 X-change would be appropriate responses in place of N/A. Also, for both these models, starting in 40 or 357, a 9mm conversion barrel would be required. Different than the P239, where the standard 9mm barrel will fit.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is another update. Make sure I have all nomenclature, spelling, etc. correct.

Also, if you want a PDF in Reader to add your comments send me a PM.

Thanks much.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39,173 Posts
This would make a good sticky! Thanks for posting the info:salute2:
I would 2nd that.
When I first wanted to try multi I searched all forums looking for info.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,683 Posts
caveat emptor on drop-in barrels:

from tgs:
These are factory Sig Sauer drop-in barrels.
* NOTE * All barrels may required minor fitting.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next draft. Good suggestions gentlemen. Can anyone verify the P224 data?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought from Bricktop's input that the P239 would take a Sig factory .40S&W, .357Sig and 9mm barrels in the same slide. Is that correct?
Good question, I don't know for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I changed the column heads from slide to frame, which is more accurate?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.