SIG Talk banner

Barrel compatibility

4706 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  tcfiero
My apologies if this thread is in the wrong place. The format of this forum is quite different from what I'm used to over at the S&W forum.

My inquiry is about compatibility of barrels between the different pistols. I just picked up a P224 Equinox in .40 and I have a P239 in .357. I was hoping the barrels would be interchangeable, but after field stripping both, it seems that isn't the case. Barrels are dimensionally very similar, but the locking lugs are a bit different. Is that just different generations, (my 239 is several years older than my 224) or are they different platforms?
See less
My apologies if this thread is in the wrong place. The format of this forum is quite different from what I'm used to over at the S&W forum.

My inquiry is about compatibility of barrels between the different pistols. I just picked up a P224 Equinox in .40 and I have a P239 in .357. I was hoping the barrels would be interchangeable, but after field stripping both, it seems that isn't the case. Barrels are dimensionally very similar, but the locking lugs are a bit different. Is that just...
See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.