SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably already know the answer to this question but I just need some reassurance that I am correct.

I currently own a Sig p229R which was in 40 S&W. I added a Sig 357 Sig barrel and a 9mm EFK Dragon barrel (with spring change). I also have a 22 LR conversion kit giving me a 4 caliber pistol.

I recently bought a p226 Legion and really love it. I have a lead on a lightly used 229 Legion at a good price. The question then is: Will my alternative caliber setups still work on the 229 Legion?

Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Quick call to Sig will answer the question definitively.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
604 Posts
I know the 229 Legion uses the newer design 229-1 barrel. I had to buy the 229-1 threaded barrel to use with a suppressor. The older design 229 barrel does not fit.

Double check thoroughly if you have the older design barrels. Others here probably have more experience than I do on this. SIG should know for sure.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,552 Posts
+1, depends how old you're 229r is & whether it has the early or late configuration bbls.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a little slow in adding to my original post. Glad to report that everything works great. Roughly 100 rounds using the EFK Dragon 9mm barrel with 9mm spring and not a single hiccup. The 229 Legion shooting 357 Sig was also perfect. Now I need to pick up a 40 cal barrel and I will be back to a four caliber gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.