SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On March 14th I placed an order for a Bar-Sto a semi-fit conversion barrel 40 to 9 mm. At the time they said it will be 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

I just received an e-mail that it is on its way. Shy of 5 weeks !!

It will probably be here in 2 to 3 days. Great week end project to fit it.
My p229 SAS will be complete. Original 40 S&W, already have a 357 SIG barrel;
a now 9 mm. I love to tinker !!! Why ?? Because I can.

Will keep updating on the progress.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. Maybe you get lucky and it drops in!
Thank you guys.
I am prepared to do some stoning if necessary. I'll rather not. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
On March 14th I placed an order for a Bar-Sto a semi-fit conversion barrel 40 to 9 mm. At the time they said it will be 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

I just received an e-mail that it is on its way. Shy of 5 weeks !!

It will probably be here in 2 to 3 days. Great week end project to fit it.
My p229 SAS will be complete. Original 40 S&W, already have a 357 SIG barrel;
a now 9 mm. I love to tinker !!! Why ?? Because I can.

Will keep updating on the progress.
I have the same setup and mine dropped right in. No fitting required.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey same here, ordered two match fit conversion barrels on March 14 also and got the shipping notice today. Shorter time than most of the others I've ordered.
You know unless you told them otherwise you will need to sign for it, I told them no sig but they sometimes forget, luckily my mailman has got me covered.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey same here, ordered two match fit conversion barrels on March 14 also and got the shipping notice today. Shorter time than most of the others I've ordered.
You know unless you told them otherwise you will need to sign for it, I told them no sig but they sometimes forget, luckily my mailman has got me covered.
I am glad they ship it with signature required.
USPS is not the most reliable service down here. They don't give a @#@!.
At least they will be forced to knock on my door and hand deliver it. Makes me feel better. Just last week I had to "re-deliver" a box to somebody a block & a half away my name & address was not even close.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I am glad they ship it with signature required.
USPS is not the most reliable service down here. They don't give a @#@!.
At least they will be forced to knock on my door and hand deliver it. Makes me feel better. Just last week I had to "re-deliver" a box to somebody a block & a half away my name & address was not even close.
Don't assume they'll knock on your door...... they sure as hell don't for me...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
WOW, I've always wished everybody would ship USPS, gets here in 2-3 days no matter where it's from, cheap and has never failed me yet. Wish I could say the same for the big two.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I keep going back and forth on barrel conversions. I myself have one on an SP2022 40, dropped an OEM 9mm in it with 400+ rounds.

Was considering it for my carry piece as it's a barrel change on the Shield as well... and just like people do it with Glocks, both S&W and Glock armorers have said it's not good for the long term of the gun-- they can tell by damage to extractor and ejector when conversion barrels have been used.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
both S&W and Glock armorers have said it's not good for the long term of the gun-- they can tell by damage to extractor and ejector when conversion barrels have been used.
There is a long history of SIG owners using BAR-STO conversion barrels with no detrimental effects. As far as I know, it is the preferred method to go from 40 S&W/357 SIG to 9 mm on a P 229.

Many people boast about the enhanced accuracy of the BAR-STO barrels even with the semi-fit.

To prevent any malfunctions, use 9 mm magazines and recoil spring.

·
Registered
368 Posts
There is a long history of SIG owners using BAR-STO conversion barrels with no detrimental effects. As far as I know, it is the preferred method to go from 40 S&W/357 SIG to 9 mm on a P 229.

Many people boast about the enhanced accuracy of the BAR-STO barrels even with the semi-fit.

To prevent any malfunctions, use 9 mm magazines and recoil spring.
Well I guess the concern from armorers were the wear on extractor and ejectors... maybe I should just learn how to replace them and keep converting. :D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I don't know, I have at least a dozen of their barrels in my Sigs, some conversions and others replacements and more than that that I've fitted in my 1911's and they have been superb in function and very very accurate.

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
I've never tried a conversion barrel so I'm eager to hear about yours. I guess I've never really felt the need to convert a gun to 9mm as I've got plenty that already are 9mm. The only exception to that is my FrankenSIG P228, but that's a little different.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Success !!!

Received my P 229 40/357 to 9 mm Bar-Sto conversion barrel this afternoon along with their DVD.
I decided to watch the DVD first. Jumped to the Sig install section about half way and then I decided to go for it.

The barrel dropped in the slide with perfect lockup. Tight with no side movement front to rear, side to side and up and down. Next I mounted the slide assembly on to the frame. Same results tight. It was a true drop in for me.
Put a 9 mm recoil spring on the guide rod and test functioned the gun with no problems. Finally, I took a full 17 round magazine to the backyard and racked the slide. All 17 rounds loaded and ejected with no problems. Saturday will be the range test.

The front of the barrel protrudes pass the front of the frame about 1/16" and it has a nice crown to it.

So far I am very satisfied with this barrel. We'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Back her up to 50 yards and let her shine :)
I wish I could but the indoor range I frequent I think it is 25 yards.
I had also installed the AC flat adjustable trigger. Between the new trigger and the Bar-Sto barrel it should improve the accuracy. It all depends on my trigger finger.

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I wish I could but the indoor range I frequent I think it is 25 yards.
I had also installed the AC flat adjustable trigger. Between the new trigger and the Bar-Sto barrel it should improve the accuracy. It all depends on my trigger finger.
Honestly, it may improve accuracy a little if that. Out to 50 yards is prolly where you would see it anyways and prolly with a competition hand fitted barrel.
Nonetheless, you still have one of the best barrels money can buy imo.
Congratz and good luck :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
The front of the barrel protrudes pass the front of the frame about 1/16" and it has a nice crown to it.
I have one that fits like this, the front of the barrel sticks out about 1/16" compared to the Sig .40 barrel which fits flush.

Is this the way the Bar-Sto is to fit or is some work needed? Thx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts