SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

馃帠USN Veteran
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am in the very early stages of starting a new P320 project build and window shopping the parts list and I REALLY want to get the full 3 caliber set of 9mm Conversion, .357 Sig and .40 S&W barrels for a full size .357 Sig slide.

My question is this. Is it worth it to get the full Match fitting done for all three barrels? Or would semi fit be good enough for government work?

My overall plan for this slide build would wind up costing me nearly 3 grand all told by the end of things and looking for any ways to reduce the costs a bit but not an absolute necessity. Just looking at options.

What I want to make is a match grade shooter with three caliber options. Have the slide milled for an Aimpoint Acro P2 and give it just a hint of bling using the Nickle plated AXG kit. Sort of a home brew that doesn't have the two tone slide of the OEM offering but with full custom barrels.

Also, side questions. Anyone know the difference between Bar-Sto's regular threaded barrels and the ones that are Comp Threaded Barrels. I have been looking at possibly getting all three barrels in the threaded option but they seem a bit odd on the .40 possibility.

Premium Member
Barsto barrels are awesome. I've always improved accuracy with them off a rest. The quality inspires confidence. I've never felt the need for full match fitting, even for match guns. The semi may require fitting in any case. I recommend you stick with that.

馃帠USN Veteran
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barsto barrels are awesome. I've always improved accuracy with them off a rest. The quality inspires confidence. I've never felt the need for full match fitting, even for match guns. The semi may require fitting in any case. I recommend you stick with that.
Stick with Semi Fit? Or Match Fit?
And while this project is going to take forever to put together financially I am definitely 100% getting the Bar-Sto Barrels. I just wish that they had .357 Sig Barrels for the 3.9 inch slide. They only list 9mm and .40 on the website for some reason, but they have all three for the full.....You would think they could just shorten a full size lol.

Premium Member
Stick with Semi Fit? Or Match Fit?
And while this project is going to take forever to put together financially I am definitely 100% getting the Bar-Sto Barrels. I just wish that they had .357 Sig Barrels for the 3.9 inch slide. They only list 9mm and .40 on the website for some reason, but they have all three for the full.....You would think they could just shorten a full size lol.
Just write them and tell them what you want

Registered
I'll bet a semi-fitted barrel would work fine, so long as you're willing to do a bit of finish work.

Here's my example for why:
In Nov. 2019 I found a used 1990 (KA) 9mm P226 in a LGS with a Barsto semi-fitted barrel - the owner had sold it because it "wasn't working right". The store couldn't give me any information about the pistol or why the barrel had been replaced. After an inspection with everything checking out, I bought it - for $400.
The deal included (6) 18-round Mec-Gar magazines, (1) 20 round Mec-Gar magazine and two old and used basket-weave magazine pouches that weren't worth keeping.

After working on it for about 30 minutes with a fine hone, it shoots like a dream - I also replaced all the springs.

Premium Member
I'll bet a semi-fitted barrel would work fine, so long as you're willing to do a bit of finish work.

Here's my example for why:
In Nov. 2019 I found a used 1990 (KA) 9mm P226 in a LGS with a Barsto semi-fitted barrel - the owner had sold it because it "wasn't working right". The store couldn't give me any information about the pistol or why the barrel had been replaced. After an inspection with everything checking out, I bought it - for $400.
The deal included (6) 18-round Mec-Gar magazines, (1) 20 round Mec-Gar magazine and two old and used basket-weave magazine pouches that weren't worth keeping.

After working on it for about 30 minutes with a fine hone, it shoots like a dream - I also replaced all the springs.
That is an excellent deal. It's a straightforward process to slowly get the lockup just right. You're seller didn't know that and the barrel alone is worth the bulk of the price you paid. Great work.

馃帠USAF Veteran Premium Member
P226 Legion LE, P229 Legion LE, P229, P220, P224, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, CZ SP-01
I have always used used Semi-fit, they have always dropped in with no fitting and run flawlessly.

Registered
Barsto shoots better then I do. In my 1911s, my 229s, and my 226s the barrels in any caliber were more accurate then I was. When I shot from a rest, at 25 yds, it was not unusual to find 3 and 5 shot groups which were coverable with a quarter. I mean the entire group, not just the centers. Off hand was a different story. (Smile).

Registered
I own a few BarSto barrels, and like others have commented they are the absolute best barrels on the market. I did semi-fit for all of mine and they should drop right in just fine. That being said if you need to do some fitting on your own it's not a terribly difficult process as long as you have the correct gear.

Also, because I am curious, what is the reason behind dumping so much money into a P320 project? I way over-spent on a P320 in the past (custom jagerwerks slide, barsto barrel, RMR, etc.) and now regret it simply because it will never live up to the performance of a hammer gun like a 2011 or even a good P226. Not criticizing, just picking your brain a bit on the reasoning behind this before you spend that much dough on customizing a mass-produced striker gun that does in fact have an upper limit on performance.

馃帠USAF Veteran Premium Member
P226 Legion LE, P229 Legion LE, P229, P220, P224, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, CZ SP-01
I own a few BarSto barrels, and like others have commented they are the absolute best barrels on the market. I did semi-fit for all of mine and they should drop right in just fine. That being said if you need to do some fitting on your own it's not a terribly difficult process as long as you have the correct gear.

Also, because I am curious, what is the reason behind dumping so much money into a P320 project? I way over-spent on a P320 in the past (custom jagerwerks slide, barsto barrel, RMR, etc.) and now regret it simply because it will never live up to the performance of a hammer gun like a 2011 or even a good P226. Not criticizing, just picking your brain a bit on the reasoning behind this before you spend that much dough on customizing a mass-produced striker gun that does in fact have an upper limit on performance.
I agree with this. I've spent more money than I should of on some of my P320's...pretty much just cosmetic changes and mostly because it's fun.

But I would not dump money into a 320 trying to achieve a match grade pistol, that's a losing battle.

If you want a match grade pistol, put that money into something like a CZ TSO which is custom fit already and can do a frame mounted optic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts