SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I wanted something different on my P229 Elite. I have Hogue black checkered G-10s on most of my SIGs, the remainder have factory grips. When I bought this pistol, it had E2 grips on it, which I don't like. I found these grips on Amazon for $80; they're listed as being handmade of padauk wood and shipped from Thailand. Therefore I was surprised when a box showed up in the mail today with a return address from Frankfurt, Germany, shipped via Deutsche Post to my address. Inside were the grips I ordered through Amazon.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

The grips fit perfectly and are a bit bigger than I'm accustomed to, but feel comfortable in the hand. There's something about the warmth of wood grips that enhances the look of a pistol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I want one of those now ! Could carry that out to a fancy dinner.
Both are great looking Sig's. I appreciate the ones that look like a serious tactical tool and the ones that look like a classic piece of pistol art.

·
Registered
22,783 Posts
I love the look of a rich wood on a black gun. But wood grips are just too thick for my hand.

Reactions: boriqua

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are they "authorized" Sig parts? Wonder how they get by with logo if not.

In God's Grace,

Pastor Bob
I don’t think so, the same seller is on eBay too. But tbh, they look fantastic, even if they’re not. I doubt SS cares enough to fry small fish like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don’t think so, the same seller is on eBay too. But tbh, they look fantastic, even if they’re not. I doubt SS cares enough to fry small fish like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ohhh...it looks good. I may start offering logos on holsters then.
Brown Hand Wood Beige Rectangle

In God's Grace,

Pastor Bob

·
Registered
829 Posts
They look awesome! Those thai grips are a great find. I have several grips for revolvers and outside of a little fitting they were well made and great looking. Enjoy!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I want one of those now ! Could carry that out to a fancy dinner.
How does that work? You go out to a nice steak dinner and upon being seated rest the weapon center table between your ribeye and a nice glass of wine? Seeing those 3 things together on a table would be photo worthy just not sure how the waitress and those dining at the table next you would react 🤔

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
They would all probably ask for a copy of the photo.

·
Registered
15,897 Posts
I decided I wanted something different on my P229 Elite. I have Hogue black checkered G-10s on most of my SIGs, the remainder have factory grips. When I bought this pistol, it had E2 grips on it, which I don't like. I found these grips on Amazon for $80; they're listed as being handmade of padauk wood and shipped from Thailand. Therefore I was surprised when a box showed up in the mail today with a return address from Frankfurt, Germany, shipped via Deutsche Post to my address. Inside were the grips I ordered through Amazon.

View attachment 419721

The grips fit perfectly and are a bit bigger than I'm accustomed to, but feel comfortable in the hand. There's something about the warmth of wood grips that enhances the look of a pistol.
Nice catch. Wonder if They are trying to copy Nils?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts