SIG Talk banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well my AXG came in today. Impression of the weapon and grip module. Weapon? Outstanding trigger, butter smooth. Balance? Outstanding. Weight? not that different perhaps by a couple of ounces over the standard, but balances better. Grip module? Slim, almost Wilsonish. thin, feels good in the hand. Would I buy one for my other 320's? Not at that price. If it were say $299 or less? perhaps. If they offered one without the picatinny rail and just smooth like original sig metal frames I would be all over that. I don't need nor would want a laser or light for my carry weapon so it is unnecessary. But to get a P320 carry to feel and look like my P229's/
I probably don't know what I am talking about
"I probably don't know what I am talking about ", the first step to recovery from the Signess.......lol. I agree with you though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Holy ****!!! Ok, I give up, you win!!! Parley???

In my defense that’s all since April, I guess pandemic induced compulsive shopping... Spent all my money previously on my VP9 and MCX Virtus Patrol...

I just have to make sure the wife doesn’t see any of this and realize the “small parts” I’ve been frantically buying for the P320 are not so small or I am going to be in seriously deep ****...

Gotta figure out how to hide the AXG grip module when it comes in next week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just tell her a friend wanted you to try it out, so he loaned you his. Never goes back and over time she forgets. VOILA! However, they do have long memories and can quote verbatim even after 20 years....lol

·
Registered
686 Posts
Geez dude, now you are going to make me line all mine up now aren't you :LOL::D:D

Challenge accepted. I clearly "had" more money than brains and I still don't want an aluminum grip module ;)
I am very interested in getting my hands on the Wilson Combat grip modules though (y)

View attachment 374197
I thought I had issues...lol. Looks alot like my collection. I'm done, unless I find a Thin Blue Line, then I fall off the wagon. Again

·
Premium Member
Sig Fanatic
193 Posts
I thought I had issues...lol. Looks alot like my collection. I'm done, unless I find a Thin Blue Line, then I fall off the wagon. Again
Ohhh the issues go beyond that picture, those are just my P320s :ROFLMAO:

I am done for a while as well. :whistle:

For now, I have moved on to EDC pocket knives. That is another rabbit hole to go down :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
I have two Wilson grips, I have had an AXG P320 in my hands, I bought a AXG grip modular from SIG yesterday and it will go on the X Carry pistol that has the Wilson grip on it.

So you DO Feel that the AXG GRIP is worth $335.00 more than a Wilson Grip?
If so the AXG must be a Magical Grip!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well my AXG came in today. Impression of the weapon and grip module. Weapon? Outstanding trigger, butter smooth. Balance? Outstanding. Weight? not that different perhaps by a couple of ounces over the standard, but balances better. Grip module? Slim, almost Wilsonish. thin, feels good in the hand. Would I buy one for my other 320's? Not at that price. If it were say $299 or less? perhaps. If they offered one without the picatinny rail and just smooth like original sig metal frames I would be all over that. I don't need nor would want a laser or light for my carry weapon so it is unnecessary. But to get a P320 carry to feel and look like my P229's/P226's oh yea.
Congrats and thanks for posting up your initial impressions...

When you get a chance could you post a picture of the internal portion where the FCU fits? I am very curious about the polymer portion towards the back where the FCU engages and any possible rattles since there is no lateral friction between the aluminum and the FCU, I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have two Wilson grips, I have had an AXG P320 in my hands, I bought a AXG grip modular from SIG yesterday and it will go on the X Carry pistol that has the Wilson grip on it.

So you DO Feel that the AXG GRIP is worth $335.00 more than a Wilson Grip?
If so the AXG must be a Magical Grip!
I don't think the module is worth the greater price over the Wilson. The only other alternative is the Icarus module which is priced almost identical without the option of grip panels and backstrap.

·
Registered
686 Posts
No rattles or apparent area at the rear for any wear, perhaps over time. It is a polymer piece that has a little t*t or nipple that fits into a groove at the rear of the module. The polymer piece then allows the two side nubs on the FCU to fit into the opening between the grip module and the polymer piece, thereby rendering it immovable and holding it in place securely.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wonder if that contributes to the smoother trigger. I am thinking of putting in a APEX bar to shorten up the travel to break. I don't know if I will as this is the most I've spent on a pistol. It was close to the cost of my Benelli LE M4:oops:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I wonder how the fit of the FCU compares to the polymer frames since there is no give in the aluminum like on the polymer... will it require filing down the FCU perhaps? rattles?
actually a great question. When the 320 Alpha made in Germany was released to the press I had a conversation with a friend in the company. One of the issues was the metal frame heated up differently than the plastic module causing some issues. That was a while back and I haven't heard any issues with this version.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the black axg module on order because I had a discount I had to use up. Now I am trying to not buy the scorpion which I believe is in stock near me. I keep telling myself that there is no reason to get the scorpion because I have the grip module coming already... but the main reason is that I'm thinking a legion is coming!

·
Registered
M17, M18, P320 RXP, 2 AXG Scorpions, P365 SAS
17 Posts
Since sig refers to many things as an X for xchange, I doubt that it is a typo. The AXG is it's own thing and most likely will remain that way.

The ALX possibly stands for Aluminum Xchange. That is just a guess.
I think ALX is for Aluminum X Frame.

·
Registered
499 Posts
So we can agree that ALUMINUM is part of the acronym.

What exactly does the AGX stand for?

·
Registered
M17, M18, P320 RXP, 2 AXG Scorpions, P365 SAS
17 Posts
I have the black axg module on order because I had a discount I had to use up. Now I am trying to not buy the scorpion which I believe is in stock near me. I keep telling myself that there is no reason to get the scorpion because I have the grip module coming already... but the main reason is that I'm thinking a legion is coming!
The AXG is the first gun out of the custom works shop and will be a limited run to some degree. I can tell you they are sending them out in different cases(challenge coin cut out or not cut out) with different challenge coins so there will be collector value to them as well. Plus they are smooth as butter in every way.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts