SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Spoke to Sig Pro Shop yesterday. 1.) Medium size now (Pro Shop doesn't have any yet) , may be a while until small or large are available.
2.) But based on how the TXG (tungsten infused) grip module released a while ago, still have only seen medium sizes. I am curious how they make small/large and still maintain the weight and balance of the medium. My guess is that (if/when they make them) the weights will be different.

Could be a long while until small/medium are available for the AXG.

3.) I want the AXG grip module for the weight and the removeable grip panels. According to the Pro Shop, the grip panels are Sig only and have only the one type, and not the same as other pistols (i.e. 1911, P226, etc.). How long until someone like Hogue makes some?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Spoke to Sig Pro Shop yesterday. 1.) Medium size now (Pro Shop doesn't have any yet) , may be a while until small or large are available.
2.) But based on how the TXG (tungsten infused) grip module released a while ago, still have only seen medium sizes. I am curious how they make small/large and still maintain the weight and balance of the medium. My guess is that (if/when they make them) the weights will be different.

Could be a long while until small/medium are available for the AXG.

3.) I want the AXG grip module for the weight and the removeable grip panels. According to the Pro Shop, the grip panels are Sig only and have only the one type, and not the same as other pistols (i.e. 1911, P226, etc.). How long until someone like Hogue makes some?
My understanding is that the AXG grip module alloy portion is the same for all three sizes (S/M/L) and it’s the actual grip panels and mainly the removable back strap that change in size... Take it with a grain of salt, however, different sized back straps is a fairly common way of tuning the fit of a pistol...

Both the G-10 Piranha Grips in black on the AXG grip module and camo in the AXG Scorpion are made by Hogue for SIG, I am sure we’ll see plenty of grip panels for sale by SIG as well as aftermarket in the near future...

Straight from the description in the SIG website:

“...the AXG grip module is fitted with interchangeable Black G10 grip panels from Hogue and a Medium Black back strap...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
825 Posts
Since Hogue makes both of the panels Sig is currently using, I would expect Hogue to have many other options soon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Since Hogue makes both of the panels Sig is currently using, I would expect Hogue to have many other options soon.
Hogue obviously has the CAD/CAM files for the grip panels and back strap since they are manufacturing them for SIG as well as many other companies; they are one of the largest G-10 glass laminate composite manufacturers in the U.S.

It will depend on the exclusivity deal they have in place with SIG; it could be a while until you see them for sale directly by Hogue and their retailers and might be available only on the SIG web store for some time...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Generally I agree but Phil Strader of SIG made a big deal of 3 party suppliers providing different grips and back panel, so I am not expecting a long wait. Its is not like you can buy the pistol or grip from SIG without the grips.
Time will tell.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Get the classic SIG SAUER feel for your P320 with this ALX aluminum grip

ALX.
..Must be a Typo..
Since sig refers to many things as an X for xchange, I doubt that it is a typo. The AXG is it's own thing and most likely will remain that way.

The ALX possibly stands for Aluminum Xchange. That is just a guess.

·
Registered
499 Posts
SIG now has a custom configuration tool so you mix and match all the various slides, barrels, grips ETC to their new custom FCU.
Yes, someone is thinking about XMAS dollars flowing into NH.
It is a very well done addition to their site. The overlays are pretty daggone cool. Sig hired the right hombre to make that.

·
Registered
499 Posts
No complaints about the $399 price but I’d much rather build out one of my dream 320’s which is just a 3.6 Coyote Slide ,Barrel and spring and use my FCU and Coyote GM for a little over $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Or buy an M18 with coyote slide and all internals for around $569.

Or, buy the M18 Xchange kit (in stock) on sigs site for $499, get all of the above on your wish list PLUS three new Magazines (1-17, 2-21).

Reactions: seebee62

·
Registered
210 Posts
Generally I agree but Phil Strader of SIG made a big deal of 3 party suppliers providing different grips and back panel, so I am not expecting a long wait. Its is not like you can buy the pistol or grip from SIG without the grips.
Time will tell.
True, but keep in mind Phil also said (multiple times) that the black AXG grip module would come in under $300 in-line with the TXG grip module and yet here we are a few weeks later at $399...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well at that price it will have to wait.
Im not sure what I was expecting but it wasnt $400.
Its been a long time now that I have bought something firearm related that was "just cause its neat" related and not part of some prepping plan.
I miss those days.

·
Registered
825 Posts
It is a very well done addition to their site. The overlays are pretty daggone cool. Sig hired the right hombre to make that.
Except for the magazine compatibility function thinking Carry pistols do not work with 17 and 21 round magazines.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The only thing that kinda bugs me about the $399 is that the AXG grip module although made out of alloy, still has a polymer insert where the FCU is inserted... it’s a lot of money to still have plastic between the metal parts...

That being said and considering the obscene amount of money I’ve thrown at the P320 in slides, barrels, grip modules, optics, lights, etc what’s another $400, so I caved and bought one that should be here next week... I’ll post up pics and initial impressions as soon as I rip the box open!!!

According to page 89 on the P320 manual, the ALX is not a typo, that’s how they have it labeled multiple times...

·
Registered
114 Posts
At $399.99 it should at least look like the Scorpion AXG Grip and not all Black.
The Black one should be less..
Hopefully when it hit's vendors it will be less...at least that's the way other Grips sell for.

In the description it states:

Get the classic SIG SAUER feel for your P320 with this ALX aluminum grip

ALX.
..Must be a Typo..

P320 AXG Carry Medium Grip Module

Hmmm Wonder what it will look like with Talon Grips on it!...LOL
ALX was trademarked by Sig on 12/23/2019. Maybe not a typo.

·
Premium Member
Sig P320 X-Compact, Smith and Wesson 327.
8,158 Posts
When I spoke to Hogue about additional grips for the AXG they told me they were working on several different designs but would not commit to anything until they see how well the AXG models sell.

·
Premium Member
Sig Fanatic
193 Posts
Meh, I would sooner put the money towards another P229 or P226. Love my P320s, but an aluminum grip module is a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

I would be all over this if it were $200 or less, but at the prices I have seen the cost vs benefit ratio is way out of whack...

Just my 2 cents, I probably don't know what I am talking about :LOL:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Since I obviously need professional help and likely some medication to get my SIGness under control...

Figured what’s another $400 for the AXG into the abyss of my P320 induced spending...

·
Premium Member
Sig Fanatic
193 Posts
Since I obviously need professional help and likely some medication to get my SIGness under control...

Figured what’s another $400 for the AXG into the abyss of my P320 induced spending...

Geez dude, now you are going to make me line all mine up now aren't you :LOL::D:D

Challenge accepted. I clearly "had" more money than brains and I still don't want an aluminum grip module ;)
I am very interested in getting my hands on the Wilson Combat grip modules though (y)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Geez dude, now you are going to make me line all mine up now aren't you :LOL::D:D

Challenge accepted. I clearly "had" more money than brains and I still don't want an aluminum grip module ;)
I am very interested in getting my hands on the Wilson Combat grip modules though (y)

View attachment 374197
Holy ****!!! Ok, I give up, you win!!! Parley???

In my defense that’s all since April, I guess pandemic induced compulsive shopping... Spent all my money previously on my VP9 and MCX Virtus Patrol...

I just have to make sure the wife doesn’t see any of this and realize the “small parts” I’ve been frantically buying for the P320 are not so small or I am going to be in seriously deep ****...

Gotta figure out how to hide the AXG grip module when it comes in next week...

·
Premium Member
Sig Fanatic
193 Posts
Holy ****!!! Ok, I give up, you win!!! Parley???

In my defense that’s all since April, I guess pandemic induced compulsive shopping... Spent all my money previously on my VP9 and MCX Virtus Patrol...

I just have to make sure the wife doesn’t see any of this and realize the “small parts” I’ve been frantically buying for the P320 are not so small or I am going to be in seriously deep ****...

Gotta figure out how to hide the AXG grip module when it comes in next week...

I do have to admit to lots of pandemic buying myself, but that is a few years of collecting.
I was a dyed in the wool Classic P Series snob until I decided to try a P320.
My P320 collection is probably not going to grow much for a while.
I have recently gotten the CZ bug and have also gotten more into EDC pocket knives.

My main point about aluminum grip modules is that any perceived benefits are going to be far outweighed by the cost.
I am sure there are plenty of people that are going to be willing to absorb that cost, I am just not one of them.
Love the P320 as my pervious post should indicate, but I just can't imagine ever spending P229 or P226 money for a P320 of any kind.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well my AXG came in today. Impression of the weapon and grip module. Weapon? Outstanding trigger, butter smooth. Balance? Outstanding. Weight? not that different perhaps by a couple of ounces over the standard, but balances better. Grip module? Slim, almost Wilsonish. thin, feels good in the hand. Would I buy one for my other 320's? Not at that price. If it were say $299 or less? perhaps. If they offered one without the picatinny rail and just smooth like original sig metal frames I would be all over that. I don't need nor would want a laser or light for my carry weapon so it is unnecessary. But to get a P320 carry to feel and look like my P229's/P226's oh yea.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts