SIG Talk banner

availability of SIG new extended slide release lever?

699 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  gwes351
As we're seeing in very recent pictures of the P365 X MACRO "L" (x macro with 3.7 in XL slide/barrel, no comp), it seems to have a new extended slide release lever. I've been hoping that the aftermarket would have had 1 by now, but, not that I've been able to find - so here it is by SIG. With large hands, it's something I want to try (which I have on other non-SIG guns that work well). And for essentially the same reason I've installed ext mag release buttons on my 365's - more margin of error actuating the button to drop the mag. Perhaps it's too soon, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has seen the part available yet. I've checked MWG, OSAGE, as well as SIG's site with no luck. So, too soon to start a "watch for it" thread?
Reactions: Rich Jenkins
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
SIG SAUER P365 EXTENDED SLIDE CATCH LEVER
Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Tool Auto part

Tyrant CNC offers this for $29.95. Haven't seen any Sig offerings of similar part.

· Registered
100 Posts
View attachment 502328
Tyrant CNC offers this for $29.95. Haven't seen any Sig offerings of similar part.
Thanks

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
  • All post 2019 Sig Sauer P365 platform variants (May not be compatible 2019 and earlier FCU's)
In checking out the tyrant ext slide release at sigguy.com, I found the above comment. Basically says compatible with 2019 and later 365s. So, the obvious question is why - ie, what changed in the FCU (or frame?) where this statement is needed? BTW, they are out of stock in black

· Premium Member
113 Posts
View attachment 502328
That’s a great price if it is truly CNC machined.

· Registered
74 Posts
I wondered the same thing and did find the Tyrant Designs. I have it ordered and should come in beginning of next week. I also ordered their extended magazine release. Will report back with pictufes once I have it installed and some feedback.

· Registered
74 Posts

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update - the tyrant extended slide release came in yesterday and it is now installed in a XL. I've evaluated for about 15 mins at the bench and a little dryfire drill. So, here's some quick basics so far:
  • dimensionally it appears to be identical to sig, with 1 exception (so far): it is about 1 mm wider (ie, sticks out further)
  • the design, shape/profile of the "ledge" is obviously different, in at least a couple of ways I've found so far (see pics):
------ the top of the ledge has a little larger flat that is easier to thumb down (release the slide) which the +1mm helps as well
------ the bottom shape of the ledge has a bit more angle to it that doesn;t dig into the thumb (at least my thumb) when pressing up to lock the slide.
Note that my comments are based on my hand/finger size (guy size large) - YMMV depending on your hands.

However, there is a problem I discovered with it (at least the 1 I have). I found that in trying to lock the slide open (up on the lever) it seemed to initially engage, but then "slipped" off (releasing the slide). I compared that to another XL which wasn't that sensitive - it repeatedly securing locked. Stripping them both down, I discovered that the tyrant binds slightly at the top of the up travel. You can see that the tyrant lever does not go fully up (locking the slide) as does the sig (pic attached). So, the tyrant is just barely engaged as a result (not fully up vs. sig lever). Here are initial pics describing the above.
Wood Font Tints and shades Rectangle Metal
Wood Rectangle Font Material property Automotive exterior

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As a follow up to my above post evaluating the tyrant slide release lever, I have an initial hypothesis as to the binding issue (limiting upward travel to fully catch the slide). In plan view (see pic), the tyrant catch "arm" appears to have more radius to it - the sig less so. Just from the appearance of these 2 profiles, the sig seems to have more clearance /tolerance to it enabling it to move freely up-down in the frame. That said, I could be totally wrong in this initial assessment too. And let me add that my comments on the tryant lever are not meant to "trash" etc their product. I'm just sharing my initial observations as a potential end user. And I applaud them for jumping in with a promising design.
Wood Tints and shades Font Landscape Shadow

· Registered
74 Posts
Thank you for sharing. Mine came in today but haven't had a chance to install it. I also bought their extended magazine release as well as the slide cap.

I'm curious if the tyrant slide catch binding will cause issues later or will hopefully loosen up?

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After my above initial posts, I decided to install it in another XL to help identify if it's likely the lever, or gun-to-gun tolerances. However, it exhibited the same "binding" condition as with the other XL - in fact, perhaps a little worse:
- with the slide locked back, I struggled to get it to release the slide. The lever would not move (up or down). After about 10 mins of trying different movements, It finally released the slide - and I removed it and reinstalled the original sig. I'm suspecting that there is 1 (or more) machined dimensions that may be ever so slightly different causing the binding - it could as little as .001 (or less/even half that)?

As for loosening up over time, perhaps. But with the issue i had installed in the 2nd XL not releasing the slide, I'm hesitant to use it - and if I did, would be range use only. Again, others may have a different and positive experience

1 - 18 of 18 Posts