SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full size 9mm P320. I'm chomping at the bit to get the conversion kit to try out the .40 cal. Does anyone know when the kits will be available? I can't find anything on the Sig website about conversion kits except for the P250.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm waiting on the .45ACP. Read they were supposed to be out near Christmas.
If we are lucky. After this much delay I figure SHOT 2015 will come and go before SIG gets its act together on the P320 45ACP.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a carry 9mm, will I be able to use my present slide on the subcompact grip?
The 9mm SC barrel is 3.55 the compact is 3.86 in. , I don't think the barrel length of 1/3 in. extra is as much a CCW issue as the 5.29 vs. 4.67 in. height measurement.
If I can I would take the 12rnd SC capacity and the longer 3.86 in slide, is that possible?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a carry 9mm, will I be able to use my present slide on the subcompact grip?
The 9mm SC barrel is 3.55 the compact is 3.86 in. , I don't think the barrel length of 1/3 in. extra is as much a CCW issue as the 5.29 vs. 4.67 in. height measurement.
If I can I would take the 12rnd SC capacity and the longer 3.86 in slide, is that possible?
Yeah dont waste ur money on the subcompact slide, its not that much shorter, just get the subcompact grip, if i could put a subcompact grip on my fullsize i would but i cant so im going to put a carry grip on my fs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Zenman- yes you will, with reservations. The dust cover/rail on the subcompact frame may not line up with the front end of your slide which would leave a gap on the underside of your slide. Or it might look perfect.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll be picking up my 320 Carry in about a week and I was planning the same thing with the SC frame. I saw a picture somewhere of one set up like that (using a 250 SC frame) and there was not an obvious gap between the front of the frame and the slide. If I find it again I'll post it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Should be able to do that right now using a grip and mags from a P250sc. (and they don't even say "P250" on the sc grip.) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am going to change my Carry's sights to the Heinie straight eight combat sights and that way I wouldn't have to buy a second set for the SC slide, I would rather have the longer sight radius of the Carry slide.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I see that the spec for width on the Carry is 1.38" vs. 1.06" on the SC.
Is that difference the grip or the slide getting smaller?

Also, has anyone taken a measurement on the small vs. the medium grip frame? I would like to know how much smaller the grip width is on the small grip vs. the carry grip.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Zenman- yes you will, with reservations. The dust cover/rail on the subcompact frame may not line up with the front end of your slide which would leave a gap on the underside of your slide. Or it might look perfect.
Here is a picture of the P320 compact on a P250 subcompact grip. Disadvantage is you reduce round count. The combination works well with no problems. Dust cover not an issue.This picture is a little distorted the slide does not flare at the muzzle end. I think lighting and angle of picture gives you the illusion.:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I see that the spec for width on the Carry is 1.38" vs. 1.06" on the SC.
Is that difference the grip or the slide getting smaller?

Also, has anyone taken a measurement on the small vs. the medium grip frame? I would like to know how much smaller the grip width is on the small grip vs. the carry grip.
That is the measurement of the grip. Slides are the same width.:D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sig site doesn't list the small grip frame for the sub compact at this time, so I guess you can only get the medium grip frame (1.38") with the rail. That is what is listed.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just ordered the non rail version of the small grip frame for 9/40/357 for the sub compact from Sig. Its not listed because its a special order item, and they don't know when they will be available. I am not in a rush to get one so we got on the list to get one.

The non rail version is ok with me because if I were to carry the bulk of a railed item I would just use the frame on my carry which would be better balanced.

Sig confirmed that the small grip is the 1.06" width. So for the best concealment that would be the one to go for.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts