SIG Talk banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Were you able to reset your password from the information Malicious Compliance provided?

- JB

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is my user name posted when I post for a response and if so I would like to change it. I thought my user name was just for logging in

·
Registered
126 Posts
1. Yes, the new password format requirement is ridiculous.

2.So far every time I visit the site it does not recognize my password and I have to go through the lost password scenario again.

My browser saves the password so that I can reference them if needed, as well as auto login, so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. Granted I do not come here daily but I had to change it on Jan 26, the 29th and again this morning. It's beyond stupid.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Suggestion:

setup the forum to accept email addys with periods in the prefix?

E.G. - [email protected]

Fortunately gmail maps to the same email addy with or without periods, so I was able to join (this site seems to have more stringent rules on passwords than my workplace does, and I work for a Fortune 50 corp, so that is saying something) - but when I clear my browser cache and I have to remember the email for this site, I forget that it doesn't accept periods in email addresses so I have problems logging back in with my email address until I remember.

And really, is all that security necessary?? It is just a forum after all - not a banking site.

And for what it is worth - silly rules on passwords and expiration does not make it more secure.

·
Registered
501 Posts
1. Yes, the new password format requirement is ridiculous.

2.So far every time I visit the site it does not recognize my password and I have to go through the lost password scenario again.

My browser saves the password so that I can reference them if needed, as well as auto login, so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. Granted I do not come here daily but I had to change it on Jan 26, the 29th and again this morning. It's beyond stupid.
I wish I had something to offer here, but you shouldn't have to be doing that every time you visit here! The only thing that occurs to me is that you're not saving the "newest" password in your browser after you updated it; therefore your browser is plugging in an older password and triggering the reset sequence. I know that each time I update my passwords (a year at a time), I get a popup in Chrome asking me if I want to save the new password for that account. I click yes, and it overwrites the old one with the new one, and I'm good to go from that point. That *should* be working for you, too.

Neil

·
Administrator
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sometimes, existing saved login information can interfere with the saving of new information. It might be worth it to clear any saved usernames and passwords for the site from your browser and then give the reset tool a fresh go.

Kevin

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have gone through the exact same thing ?
everyday I type in my password and it comes up ....does not match ?
Click here if you forgot your password !

To make things worse they give you some crazy letters , some upper case , a few numbers and then lower case !

Bingo I'm in !!!!!
SONOW WHAT ? WHERE IS THE LINK TO MAKE MY OWN PASSWORD?
IT SAYS TO HIT RESET ??
well ive looked all over the place , and the drop down boxes and I havenr=t seen any reset box
oh there is one its says type in your old password ? ah , which one because ive had 5 this week alone
ive never been on a website that you have to go through this much **** just to reset you password ! And that includes my bank !!!!!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts