SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to resurrect a thread and even hate more that I am entering the hall of shame.

I must have gotten totally distracted as my anti-gun neighbor was walking around and even though I was in the garage with the truck blocking field of view this person loves to come over and pontificate.

Anyway, for the first time ever I just flat out left the recoil spring/guide rod sitting and assembled without it. What's happened is the lip of the chamber is in front of the takedown notch. I can get the slide back to "carry" condition; but cannot get it farther than that. I can get it as far forward as to have about 2.5" of barrel sticking out.

Is this a trip back to Sig? I couldn't tell from this thread if the person who posted the original thread had exactly the same problem or not. I've tried a plastic big in the barrel and where the guide rod would be, but to no avail.

HELLLP....I'm in a state of shock I had a brain fart of this magnitude.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I hate to resurrect a thread and even hate more that I am entering the hall of shame.

I must have gotten totally distracted as my anti-gun neighbor was walking around and even though I was in the garage with the truck blocking field of view this person loves to come over and pontificate.

Anyway, for the first time ever I just flat out left the recoil spring/guide rod sitting and assembled without it. What's happened is the lip of the chamber is in front of the takedown notch. I can get the slide back to "carry" condition; but cannot get it farther than that. I can get it as far forward as to have about 2.5" of barrel sticking out.

Is this a trip back to Sig? I couldn't tell from this thread if the person who posted the original thread had exactly the same problem or not. I've tried a plastic big in the barrel and where the guide rod would be, but to no avail.

HELLLP....I'm in a state of shock I had a brain fart of this magnitude.

https://sigtalk.com/p365/348270-assembled-p365-without-guide-rod-help-2.html#post4920192

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Barrel is not in it's correct position.
Think about when you drop the Barrel back into the Slide and it is ready for the Recoil Spring.the Barrel sits in the slide right up against the Breech.

OK let's all do the Barrel to FCU to Grip.. vision quest..So we all know what we are looking at here.
Takedown your P365...
Now with just the barrel in hand insert the Barrel's lower Fork opening which is just below the feed ramp into the FCU and Grip just behind the take down lever..you will see the cross member that the barrels fork inserts on to.
With the Barrel inserted at this point the barrel will sit flat over the Takedown lever and you can raise and lower the barrel to the angle when the slide is
completely back
This is the Barrel to FCU to Grip resting place.

I suspect that sandflea49's lower fork of the Barrel is actually in front of the Takedown lever and not where the barrel should actually be sitting.
The barrel sits Higher in front of the Takedown lever than when the Barrel is resting in it's proper location
Due to the Barrel's new height it would jam in the slide when he tried to slide it on.

Without the Recoil Spring the barrel dropped down (as if it was going to be removed from the slide) and fell just before the takedown lever and it did not go over the takedown lever and where it should be.
He would have been better off to slide on the Slide with the gun upside down and gravity holding the barrel into place.
But he did not know and now the Barrel is to far forward in the slide.
There is just no way that the barrel can drop into where it should be.

If that's the case and the takedown lever has not engaged the Slide yet then possibly the slide can just be knocked forward and off of the gun.
I cannot turn the Takedown lever upwards until the Slide is almost completely back.
Since his slide has never gone that far back his takedown lever should still be pointing down.

If all this fails he may have to send his P365 to Sig an let them figure it out and replace the Barrel and or Slide if needed.

This is exactly what I should have been doing. Once I got through the normal catch it came right off. Of course the takedown lever was a bit jacked up and I had to push down on the slid release and pull the takedown to the "disassemble/reassemble" location. But the issue was that my slide has a fair bit of stick even in normal circumstances. Well hopefully no damage was done to the gun and just my pride.

Sig is new for me and my previous semi-autos have all had pins and were hammer fired.

I will say from it's first range session that this little bugger gets HOT!!! Granted, black gun laying on bench whilst reloading is not exactly insulated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here because I was searching for how to remove my slide from P365 when assembled without guide rod assembly! I was excited to find "Depami's fix to my problem....it worked like a charm...I've been 4 days trying to figure this out and some friends with more experience than myself! Thank you for that! Depami's legend lives on after 1 1/2 years!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m new here and did the same dumb mistake… tried all the advice given here and it hasn’t fixed the problem. Did what Depami suggested about 15 times and all that does is move the slide forward about a half an inch but it doesn’t come off. Nothing I can do will get the take down lever to the down position. The barrel barely moves at all but I’ve tried wiggling the crap out of it to no avail. Any suggestions? Pictures attached of attempting the depami solution - after pulling the slide back and after pulling the trigger with forward pressure

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
BCarus, to get the slide off you have to move the takedown lever down, which means you have to be able to lock the slide back, which means you will need to get the barrel to be flush with the front of the slide. From the position shown in your second picture, try turning it upside down and then pressing (probably pretty hard) on the barrel. If you can get the barrel to pop into place, keep it upside down, lock the slide back, and rotate the takedown lever into what would be the down position if the gun was right side up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BCarus, to get the slide off you have to move the takedown lever down, which means you have to be able to lock the slide back, which means you will need to get the barrel to be flush with the front of the slide. From the position shown in your second picture, try turning it upside down and then pressing (probably pretty hard) on the barrel. If you can get the barrel to pop into place, keep it upside down, lock the slide back, and rotate the takedown lever into what would be the down position if the gun was right side up.
thanks. Just tried that and it didn’t work. The barrel won’t budge and I really don’t want to damage the firearm. I called sig and they’re actually going to fix it for free, shipping and everything. So I’m just going to do that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No idea what happened but I fixed it! I was taking off aftermarket accessories getting it ready to be shipped, I took off the NDZ backplate and put the stock back on, and when I pulled the slide forward after it come right off. Doesn’t make sense but hey, all is well now.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.