SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
The Barrel is not in it's correct position.
Think about when you drop the Barrel back into the Slide and it is ready for the Recoil Spring.the Barrel sits in the slide right up against the Breech.

OK let's all do the Barrel to FCU to Grip.. vision quest..So we all know what we are looking at here.
Takedown your P365...
Now with just the barrel in hand insert the Barrel's lower Fork opening which is just below the feed ramp into the FCU and Grip just behind the take down lever..you will see the cross member that the barrels fork inserts on to.
With the Barrel inserted at this point the barrel will sit flat over the Takedown lever and you can raise and lower the barrel to the angle when the slide is completely back
This is the Barrel to FCU to Grip resting place.

I suspect that sandflea49's lower fork of the Barrel is actually in front of the Takedown lever and not where the barrel should actually be sitting.
The barrel sits Higher in front of the Takedown lever than when the Barrel is resting in it's proper location
Due to the Barrel's new height it would jam in the slide when he tried to slide it on.

Without the Recoil Spring the barrel dropped down (as if it was going to be removed from the slide) and fell just before the takedown lever and it did not go over the takedown lever and where it should be.
He would have been better off to slide on the Slide with the gun upside down and gravity holding the barrel into place.
But he did not know and now the Barrel is to far forward in the slide.
There is just no way that the barrel can drop into where it should be.

If that's the case and the takedown lever has not engaged the Slide yet then possibly the slide can just be knocked forward and off of the gun.
I cannot turn the Takedown lever upwards until the Slide is almost completely back.
Since his slide has never gone that far back his takedown lever should still be pointing down.

If all this fails he may have to send his P365 to Sig an let them figure it out and replace the Barrel and or Slide if needed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Barrel is not in it's correct position.
Think about when you drop the Barrel back into the Slide and it is ready for the Recoil Spring.the Barrel sits in the slide right up against the Breech.

OK let's all do the Barrel to FCU to grip resting at home.. vision quest.
Takedown your P365...
Now with just the barrel in hand insert the lower Fork opening which is just below the feed ramp into the FCU and Grip just behind the take down lever..you will see the cross member the barrels fork inserts onto it.
With the Barrel inserted at this point the barrel will sit flat over the Takedown lever and you can raise and lower the barrel to the angle when the slide is completely back
This is the Barrel to FCU to Grip resting place.

I suspect that sandflea49's lower fork of the Barrel is in front of the Takedown lever in front of where the barrel should actually be sitting.
If you look.with the barrel's lower fork at the takedown lever and not sitting just behind it...the barrel sits Higher and because of the barrel's height it would jam in the slide when he tried to slide it on.
Without the Recoil Spring the barrel dropped down (as if it was going to be removed from the slide, before the takedown lever and not behind it where it should be.
He would have been better to slide on the Slide with the gun upside down and gravity holding the barrel into place.
But he did not know and now the Barrel is to far forward in the slide.
There is just no way that the barrel can drop into where it should be.

If that's the case and the takedown lever has not engaged the Slide yet then possibly the slide can be knocked forward and off of the gun.
I cannot turn the Takedown lever upwards until the Slide is almost completely back.
Since his slide has never gone that far back his takedown lever should still be pointing down.

If all this fails he may have to send his P365 to Sig.
With the barrel forward of the take down lever, there is nothing to hold the slide on except striker to sear engagement. Pulling the trigger should release the slide to move forward and off of the frame.

I have actually done this with mine and can get it "stuck". But, I can always get it "unstuck" by pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I was gonna suggest pulling off the back plate and removing the striker, but pulling the trigger makes a lot more sense (I know it’s redundant, but confirm an empty chamber first, please). Also, with the striker removal method, there is a chance of the safety plunger and spring falling out after the slide is removed - be careful.

It would be helpful if the OP:

1. Uploaded a pic.
2. Was a little more responsive.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I was gonna suggest pulling off the back plate and removing the striker, but pulling the trigger makes a lot more sense (I know it’s redundant, but confirm an empty chamber first, please). Also, with the striker removal method, there is a chance of the safety plunger and spring falling out after the slide is removed - be careful.

It would be helpful if the OP:

1. Uploaded a pic.
2. Was a little more responsive.
Reminds me of the officer that was asked how she unloaded her revolver at home. She said "well yea, I go out back in my yard and just shoot it" True story, I was there. Needless to say, she lasted another year. Last time I talked with her was at a Burger King drive through. She forgot my fries.:huh:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Reminds me of the officer that was asked how she unloaded her revolver at home. She said "well yea, I go out back in my yard and just shoot it" True story, I was there. Needless to say, she lasted another year. Last time I talked with her was at a Burger King drive through. She forgot my fries.:huh:
She lasted a year? How did that happen? I would have figured a month... tops :mellow:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
I'm throwing in the towel.

^^^^^
Now That IS Funny!
I wonder if WE want Closure more than sandflea49.
What is a URL? I'm finally trying to send pics and need my grandson to give me some help. Sorry for the delay. I'm probably going to send my P365 paper weight back to Sig and let them sort things out. Thanks to all for your help, concern and humor. I will keep you posted on any progress.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The slide will move approximately 3/4 " to rear.
Did you try this?

Pull the slide as far back as you can.
Then push it as far forward as it will go.
You should feel resistance from the striker spring.
Maintain forward pressure on the slide and pull the trigger.
Release the trigger and the slide should come off to the front.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.