SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Already searched through forum, but did not find any post solving my question :confused:

I own a 2014 P229 Elite Scorpion, chambered .40 S&W

I got offered an oem barrel, made by an austrian company called "IGB Austria", chambered .357SIG, but they are not sure, if it fits my Elite Scorpion, because it was originally ment to fit a german manufactured Standard P229 ...

Barrel lenght is exactly like my .40 (99mm)

As far as I can see, the recoil spring is identical and a "locking insert" is not needed as well.

Does anybody know, if SIG has changed something about the barrel design between Standard P229 and US manufactured P229 Elite Scorpion Series?

Thx for your Help! :D

·
Premium Member
16,898 Posts
Just a side note: where there should be no problem doing a simple swap-out, be aware that some aftermarket barrels have had to be fitted to the slides. When that has happened, it's normally to fit of the front of the barrel hood.

Not generally a big deal but just be aware if it doesn't seem "quite right" don't force anything.

Reactions: KuZZo

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
. . . I got offered an oem barrel, made by an Austrian company called "IGB Austria", chambered .357SIG, but they are not sure, if it fits my Elite Scorpion, because it was originally meant to fit a German manufactured standard P229 ...
. . .
Welcome to the forum!

The info on their web page implies that even for the correct barrel, fitting may be required.

I did not see any barrels for a P229 listed, but they may have made some in the past. I would check with them and verify the serial number of the barrel to make sure it will function safely. Looks like they make a lot of HK and Glock barrels.

They make a 14" 1911 barrel for conversions from pistols to carbines... :eek:

IGB Austria / Online Shop - IGB 1911-Super XXL Lauf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum!

The info on their web page implies that even for the correct barrel, fitting may be required.

I did not see any barrels for a P229 listed, but they may have made some in the past. I would check with them and verify the serial number of the barrel to make sure it will function safely. Looks like they make a lot of HK and Glock barrels.
Thanks for the welcome! :D
The data provided on the website is not quite accurate, I have a pdf here, that is listing everything available ...

IGB Price List 2016

The P229 barrels are listed at page 46/47 ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally, today I ordered the barrel from IGB Austria. I'll report back here later, if it fits ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts