SIG Talk banner

As of today, if you could only have one SIG pistol action type, what would it be?

• SAO

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • DAO

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • DA/SA

Votes: 142 75.1%
  • DAK

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Striker fired

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.5%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of today, if you could only have one SIG pistol action type, what would it be?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,841 Posts
I'm guessing you are talking about...

Double Action/Single Action

Double Action Only

Double Action Kellerman

Single Action Only

Striker Action

I'm afraid I'd have to go with the traditional Double Action/Single Action, that brought Sig Sauer over to this side of the globe.

While Strikers are the most popular "action" currently, I always reminisce about the poor quality of ammunition, that I have encountered over the years. You don't always have a choice about what you have to fill your magazines with, so I like to have that instant "restrike" capability.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’ll have to go with SAO.

Have over 40 years experience carrying 1911’s and now a P229 Legion SAO. I must admit my P229 DA/SA is growing on me and has been my primary carry but a single action is pretty hard to beat in my mind.

·
Registered
162 Posts
P229 da/sa

·
Registered
362 Posts
DA/SA. Love the option to put it in DA when investigating vermin in the house.

Reactions: Sheepdogged

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like the extra margin of safety SIG's smooth traditional DA/SA provides combined with the decocker and short reset SA trigger of my P229 Legion RX. My favorite gun.

However, 'IF' SIG could put a DA/SA action into the P365/365XL size package I'd opt for that instead of it's striker. But that ain't gonna happen so I'm very happy with my little P365-X (short slide-XL lower) striker pistol that can do it all. They called it '365' for a reason.

So, exercising my 2A rights....I pick TWO!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like the extra margin of safety SIG's smooth traditional DA/SA provides combined with the decocker and short reset SA trigger of my P229 Legion RX. My favorite gun.

However, 'IF' SIG could put a DA/SA action into the P365/365XL size package I'd opt for that instead of it's striker. But that ain't gonna happen so I'm very happy with my little P365-X (short slide-XL lower) striker pistol that can do it all. They called it '365' for a reason.

So, exercising my 2A rights....I pick TWO!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
The poll is no doubt DA/SA skewed for the fact that this forum is all mostly Sig Sauer owners. I would bet most own or went to Sig for the metal frame, hammer fired gun that they are. Near as I know DA/SA has been the most popular action for private owners.
The newer striker fired 320 still doesn’t have the following on this forum as the older 22x series.

Given time, you’ll likely see a poll like this change for the simple fact, people won’t know the difference.

I’ll be perfectly honest, I voted DA/SA since the only to Sig pistol firing systems I know are it and Striker. Sigs DAO, and SAO could suit me better but I have no experience with them.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,162 Posts
Striker fired for me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts