SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime last week Gunbroker changed the way they search and broke all of my carefully tailored searches for X5s. After a few rounds with the support team I finally got the following answer:

"We are no longer searching only titles.We are working on enhancing our search results to attempt to return more relevant results for overall searches. One side effect of this is that very short or generic search terms return too many results. You will need to refine your search by a category to narrow your search results and/or add terms to your search. We are tuning and refining our search algorithm so that the most relevant results are returned. This is an extended process for us and we hope that you will ultimately find it beneficial. In the meantime please expand the terms you are searching with and/or refine the categories you are searching within. We appreciate your patience while we try to make thing better for everyone."

Thanks guys, thats really helpful. I replied with:

"That is most unfortunate as it will make it nearly impossible to find rare guns with generic names like the "Beretta 92 Combat" Another problem would be the "Sig X5". If I can't restrict searches to "title only" I'm going to get every Sig that has "magazines x5" in the listing. Most of the guns I collect are target versions of combat guns, and many have generic names. Please re-consider leaving an option in the advanced search options to search "title only". If not, I guess the good news for me is that I will be able to save more of my income because I won't be able to find most of the guns I want."

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,563 Posts
might help if more people complain. Put in a ticket and ask them how to search for a p229 sport.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
i'll 5th/12th whatever, to echo sentiments about new search on gb.

sig sport...................but you'll get any & everything with sport in the title.

Reactions: jerman

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Yeah, GunBroker ****** me off with that too. :mad:

Maybe it will discourage me from blowing any more money on guns via GunBroker? :D

Reactions: TN Paul

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Given up on the stupidity that is GB. I got into a dispute with a seller (online bulk dealer I found out) when he was being a complete tool about a bid I placed. I got banned. I talked to their customer service and was basically not given a response. So I don't even look stuff up on there anymore.

I prefer to find stuff here or through my LGS.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Done with gunbroker for X guns. Nasty prices that only **** me off. Enough to import one for the first time.
Yup I'm a big user of GB and have noticed the same thing. Its very painful.

Because of the crazy "X" prices, I am trying to find a retail source to import some German Sigs (P226 X-Short and P210) from. I have the importer who does the pickup in Germany, imports, does all the paperwork & discreet engraving on the gun then sends to your FFL) in place. $249 - $49 additional gun in the same import. Emailing German retail stores with no response so far. Might have to invest in a flight to Berlin and walk into a store to get the relationship started. If you want to collaborate NisMo PM me. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.