SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I've purchased several great items from Armory Craft, I was looking at their 226 and 229
recoil tuning kits. With or without the guide rod.

What's you experience with this upgrade? Worth it, or not much difference? I typically shoot off the shelf factory
loads, so I question if it's even worth "tuning" the recoil. Seems like a spring that's too light might cause feed
failures down the road.

Attachments

馃帠USMC Veteran
As you mentioned. If shooting factory, average loads there is no real need for it. If you shoot hotter stuff or 124 NATO, or powder puff loads. Solid guide rod and springs work great.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you mentioned. If shooting factory, average loads there is no real need for it. If you shoot hotter stuff or 124 NATO, or powder puff loads. Solid guide rod and springs work great.
Thanks!! I kinda figured. I can see where the solid guide rod may help a bit though. Adds a slight amount of weight to the front end. I wouldn't
bother with it on a 226, but it may help on a 229.

Registered
I use their Sig tuner kits and they work great. Even the yellow hammer and pink sear spring will still set off all my primers if I have done my work correctly.

Registered
Spring Recoil Management System have worked/functioned flawlessly for decades in my 1911,S&W,SIG semi auto pistols.

Gray Guns Inc. P226 9mm "Hot Pink" +P recoil springs are the cats meow w/ Spring Sys.

馃帠USA Veteran
Spring Recoil Management System have worked/functioned flawlessly for decades in my 1911,S&W,SIG semi auto pistols.

Gray Guns Inc. P226 9mm "Hot Pink" +P recoil springs are the cats meow w/ Spring Sys.
"hot pink", "Cats meow"? What have we become? :ROFLMAO:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts