SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really like the AC flat trigger I installed on my M11-A1 and P229. So much, in fact, that I decided to try installing one on my X5 AR.

I thought this beauty couldn't get any better but wow is that flat trigger great! The double action just feels so good.

The X5 fit is a bit tighter but the trigger still fits great, probably better. This came from my M11 so the derlin nub had too much filed away, but this trigger won't stay long as I plan to buy two of these for both the ARs.

Just wanted to post this up for people who might have these and aren't sure of fit.

I highly recommend these for anyone wanting a quality flat trigger.

·
Registered
496 Posts
What a beautiful gun !!!!!!!!
Correct me if I am wrong but The X5 is a hand fitted p226 from Germany's Master Shop. Is the frame SS or alloy ?
The flat trigger will make it even more perfect.
I understand that the X5 is no longer imported by Sig thanks to politician on both side of the Atlantic. I see that there are some private individuals importing a handful at a premium price.
Enjoy it.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a beautiful gun !!!!!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but The X5 is a hand fitted p226 from Germany's Master Shop. Is the frame SS or alloy ?

The flat trigger will make it even more perfect.

I understand that the X5 is no longer imported by Sig thanks to politician on both side of the Atlantic. I see that there are some private individuals importing a handful at a premium price.

Enjoy it.

Thank you. Yea these X5s are beauties. They are actually a bit longer than a P226, with some unique frame cuts and yes they are fit by artisans in the German Master Shop. They are ridiculously accurate and she is full stainless and handles recoil like a dream.

I bought these years ago and now, unfortunately, these gen 1s are hard to come by. I have 3 X5s and they are phenomenal pistols.

I'm really excited that the AC flat triggers fit!

Going to test it out on the range tomorrow.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It's the ONE thing...

...I can't do to my X5 AllRound.

USPSA Production and Carry Optics rules limit "externally visible" modifications...like the ArmoryCraft flat trigger.

My X5 has G-10 grips, a Docter Optics red dot and a great internal trigger job from Robert Burke....but no flat trigger.

I've added the X5 extended magazine release...but that's only legal because it is a Sig part.

I do have two of these cool flat triggers triggers on my M11-A1 and P229 SSE...so I've got that going for me.

Northlight

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
...I can't do to my X5 AllRound.

USPSA Production and Carry Optics rules limit "externally visible" modifications...like the ArmoryCraft flat trigger.

My X5 has G-10 grips, a Docter Optics red dot and a great internal trigger job from Robert Burke....but no flat trigger.

I've added the X5 extended magazine release...but that's only legal because it is a Sig part.

I do have two of these cool flat triggers triggers on my M11-A1 and P229 SSE...so I've got that going for me.

Northlight
Very nice setup there Northlight. I'd love a red-dot on one of my all arounds if I could mount a Leupold Delta Point Pro as I have an extra lying around.

If you ever take'er out of competition, I recommend the trigger.

·
Registered
594 Posts
H0ly **** you just made my week with that trigger upgrade! I never even thought twice to find a new trigger for the x5 AR but this is now a must have for me. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
H0ly **** you just made my week with that trigger upgrade! I never even thought twice to find a new trigger for the x5 AR but this is now a must have for me. Thanks for sharing!
LOL, same here bud. I was cleaning my P229 and it dawned on me...wait, isn't the AR trigger basically the same? I called Armory, asked them and they thought it should fit but nobody had ever asked. Made me feel less dumb. ^_^

·
Registered
484 Posts
X5 Mount for your Leupold

Sideburn,

The mount I'm using has four pins on the top that accept Burris, Docter Optics and other red dots.

I got the mount from Bob Boilini at Firearms Depot in Arizona. His email is below. I'm sure he'll know if the mount fits your Leupold.

[email protected]

Northlight

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
The mount I'm using has four pins on the top that accept Burris, Docter Optics and other red dots.
Northlight
Did I read somewhere that it also accepts a Sig Sauer Romeo1?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Thanks again for sharing this awesome trigger! I just installed one into my x5e AR and it completely changed the feel of the da/sa pull. While I was in there, I installed an SRT kit I got from Germany a while back. It's like a new gun now! :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks again for sharing this awesome trigger! I just installed one into my x5e AR and it completely changed the feel of the da/sa pull. While I was in there, I installed an SRT kit I got from Germany a while back.
Beautiful gun. SRT & AC flat triggers are a must. Enjoy it.

Is the SRT Kit for the X5 any different that the standard SRT Kit for P-220, P-229, P-226 ?
In the your picture the sear and safety lever look the same. Are the dimensions different ?
I see you order it from Germany.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Is the SRT Kit for the X5 any different that the standard SRT Kit for P-220, P-229, P-226 ?
In the your picture the sear and safety lever look the same. Are the dimensions different ?
I see you order it from Germany.
I really do not know if it's any different than the standard p226 srt. The factory x5 parts are on the left with the srt kit on the right. Dimensions should be the same as the xseries da/sa has a "spacer" between the sear and frame. If I didn't already have the German parts I would have tried the US srt kit.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
If anyone DOES try a "regular" Sig SRt kit on the X5 AR (especially on the newer enhanced version) please post the results here. I am itching pretty bad to get the SRT on my X-5 E AR.

·
Registered
55,907 Posts
without measuring, they appear to be the same.

the middle of the three was getting rough spots & hanging up, leading to the longer version.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks again for sharing this awesome trigger! I just installed one into my x5e AR and it completely changed the feel of the da/sa pull. While I was in there, I installed an SRT kit I got from Germany a while back. It's like a new gun now! :)

Where in Germany have you bought the srt kit and the trigger ?
i have the exactly som gun as you but i got the original trigger

·
Registered
108 Posts
How did I miss this thread. ? I'm going to get one of these for my AR. I have a SRT already installed and Sig's AEP. All I'm missing is this trigger. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
496 Posts
How did I miss this thread. ? I'm going to get one of these for my AR. I have a SRT already installed and Sig's AEP. All I'm missing is this trigger. Thanks for posting
Even better, you now have a choice.
Armory Craft Flat Adjustable Trigger.
Gray Guns P-Series Precision Adjustable Straight Trigger (P-P-STR8) . Alloy steel or Aluminum.
Either one will eliminate the trigger pre travel and SA over travel.
I have both. No preference. End result is the same. I cannot tell the difference between them while firing.
The difference is how they achieve the adjustment during installation.
Good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Even better, you now have a choice.
Armory Craft Flat Adjustable Trigger.
Gray Guns P-Series Precision Adjustable Straight Trigger (P-P-STR8) . Alloy steel or Aluminum.
Either one will eliminate the trigger pre travel and SA over travel.
I have both. No preference. End result is the same. I cannot tell the difference between them while firing.
The difference is how they achieve the adjustment during installation.
Good luck.

Great! thanks for the update. BTW, not sure if you ever got your answer about the SRT. Sig installed my SRT when they did my AEP. I assume it's the standard P226 SRT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts