SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

馃帠USAF Retired
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P229C with Hogue grips that I'd like to switch to E2 (I like the thinner grips)...but not sure if the P229C grips are interchangeable with a stock P229. If anyone knows for sure...

Registered
You know I can see if you were trying to put some other type of grips with screws then yes they are not the same. But the profile and thickness should be the same between the 229 and 229c. I'm betting they would fit. Maybe a call to sig would get you an answer.

Registered
The P229 E2 grip depends on standard cut-outs and areas on the frame for attachment that don't exist on the P229C.

SIG should have called it a P224 Carry, which is what it really is.

Registered
Hello,

I have been wanting to locate additional grips for my P229C and haven鈥檛 had any luck. The P229C does not match the standard P229.

However, I have noticed that P227 grips have a very similar hole/screw pattern. Does anyone know if P227 grips might fit a P229C. It seems quite unlikely due to a completely different model and caliper.

Thanks,
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.