SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive encountered a slight snare in my new AR build... I'm hoping you guys will have some good input.
So you can see in the attached pictures.
The 2 tabs that keep the bolt up plate from moving don't quite fit my billet upper. Now I'm thinking of just taking a dremel to the tabs and dremel about half of each tab off but maybe someone out there has a better solution.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In this thread on ARFCOM, Geissele mentions opening up the tabs to make it fit...
Someone also noted that DD has a note in their instructions that the plate may not work with Billet uppers.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_444/270817__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Disappointed_in_rail_fit.html&page=1

Also, maybe if you contact DD they can suggest something best for their rail...
Yea I was aware of that note, they said contact the receiver manufacturer to ensure fit. I contacted F1 and they said "that rail will probably work".
I already emailed DD, I'm assuming given the time I will not hear back from them until tomorrow and even when I do they will probably come back with "you should've checked first".

Although now I am thinking about it, my gunsmith forgot to cerakote the bolt up plate, maybe I can sucker him into milling down those tabs for me and cerakoting it haha. He also forgot to give me the small hex key I need to install the forward assist so kill 3 birds with one stone?

When I get all the parts right and fitted, I'll post pics of my AR build. I'm pretty excited for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts