SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been tossing around the idea of swapping my OEM trigger for an Apex Flat Face trigger for a while.

Would love some input from people that are using it for their EDC.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I"m not a fan of straight triggers in general so best thing you can do is decide for your self if you want a straight or curved but note both are wider triggers and for me the curved feels far better than the skinny stock trigger sig use's . I have had a straight apex on a m&p . Made for a longer reach and was not what I wanted . Sent back for a curved and it was good .

I ended up with a gray guns curved trigger kit on my p320 . Nice !!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which version of the trigger did you want input on (advanced or enhanced)? I carry w/ the advanced, so no reduction in pull weight but for me, it gives me a more consistent finger placement & pull.

Opinions on both would be great.

Did it take you long to adjust to it?

I"m not a fan of straight triggers in general so best thing you can do is decide for your self if you want a straight or curved but note both are wider triggers and for me the curved feels far better than the skinny stock trigger sig use's . I have had a straight apex on a m&p . Made for a longer reach and was not what I wanted . Sent back for a curved and it was good .

I've heard fantastic things about the gray gun trigger, but I'm not ready to spend that money yet haha.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've been tossing around the idea of swapping my OEM trigger for an Apex Flat Face trigger for a while.

Would love some input from people that are using it for their EDC.
I swapped the stock trigger in my 320C/9mm for the "version 1" Apex, the one that doesn't lighten the pull.
I like the way it feels on my finger, and the trigger pull is otherwise the same as the outstanding pull the gun comes with already. I also like the way the flat trigger looks, though I don't spend that much time looking at it. :lol:

The version I got doesn't have the flap on it that helps close off the trigger opening in the frame, but I think the "version 2" does. But I didn't want to lighten the pull, so.

Overall, I'm happy with it. The best thing is to try and find someone that has one already and see if you can try it. (This is my first flat trigger in any firearm.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I swapped the stock trigger in my 320C/9mm for the "version 1" Apex, the one that doesn't lighten the pull.

I like the way it feels on my finger, and the trigger pull is otherwise the same as the outstanding pull the gun comes with already. I also like the way the flat trigger looks, though I don't spend that much time looking at it. :lol:

The version I got doesn't have the flap on it that helps close off the trigger opening in the frame, but I think the "version 2" does. But I didn't want to lighten the pull, so.

Overall, I'm happy with it. The best thing is to try and find someone that has one already and see if you can try it. (This is my first flat trigger in any firearm.)

Good to hear. I don't see a need to lighten the pull at all either.

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
Which version of the trigger did you want input on (advanced or enhanced)? I carry w/ the advanced, so no reduction in pull weight but for me, it gives me a more consistent finger placement & pull.

Opinions on both would be great.

Did it take you long to adjust to it?

I've heard fantastic things about the gray gun trigger, but I'm not ready to spend that money yet haha.
The adjustment is instant because nothing really changes as far as travel and take up goes. It's a more "natural" feeling trigger than the stock one. My finger automatically knows where to go without much thought.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
I have to interject a few thoughts here.
Now all of the commentators here are listed in the states of North Carolina and Virginia, so we do have some common ground, but I do have a concern.

In some of the "more progressive" portions of our respective states we have both LEO's and Commonwealth/States attorneys who want to strike a blow for the safety of the people by prosecuting the irresponsible people who carry and use firearms in the public space. (Note that this was their mouths, and not my opinions.) People who come down here from Communist states like New York, Maryland, Mass, Delaware and New Jersey and who grew up in the land of Fairy tales and Mommy Says. And they believe that "IF you carried a weapon that you knowingly modified to make it easier to control in the event of it's use, then you had the intent to use it". Modified Triggers, Larger then normal magazines, strange sights, and "other unsafe modifications" clearly show that you intended to use this. You are an un-convicted terrorist.

I have heard from a Senior Attorney in the Commonwealth's Attorney office even say that "the ammunition controls we have in New Jersey protect our people and LEO's from irrational actions by Wanna Be Cops". (This was at the Tobacco Company restaurant, one of the better places to eat in Richmond). He followed this statement with "we have intelligent licensing in New Jersey. Not every common tom dick and harry can just wander in and get a gun".

So. Careful what spin this twinkelberry Dim wit will put on any kind of Grand Jury investigation of the event you had to use a firearm to protect yourself, your grandmother, and the 30 school kids from the Rampaging herd intent on taking them prisoner. Because there is NO right to self defense in the minds of these individuals. And they are spreading like Mold on wet grass.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to interject a few thoughts here.
Now all of the commentators here are listed in the states of North Carolina and Virginia, so we do have some common ground, but I do have a concern.

In some of the "more progressive" portions of our respective states we have both LEO's and Commonwealth/States attorneys who want to strike a blow for the safety of the people by prosecuting the irresponsible people who carry and use firearms in the public space. (Note that this was their mouths, and not my opinions.) People who come down here from Communist states like New York, Maryland, Mass, Delaware and New Jersey and who grew up in the land of Fairy tales and Mommy Says. And they believe that "IF you carried a weapon that you knowingly modified to make it easier to control in the event of it's use, then you had the intent to use it". Modified Triggers, Larger then normal magazines, strange sights, and "other unsafe modifications" clearly show that you intended to use this. You are an un-convicted terrorist.

I have heard from a Senior Attorney in the Commonwealth's Attorney office even say that "the ammunition controls we have in New Jersey protect our people and LEO's from irrational actions by Wanna Be Cops". (This was at the Tobacco Company restaurant, one of the better places to eat in Richmond). He followed this statement with "we have intelligent licensing in New Jersey. Not every common tom dick and harry can just wander in and get a gun".

So. Careful what spin this twinkelberry Dim wit will put on any kind of Grand Jury investigation of the event you had to use a firearm to protect yourself, your grandmother, and the 30 school kids from the Rampaging herd intent on taking them prisoner. Because there is NO right to self defense in the minds of these individuals. And they are spreading like Mold on wet grass.

That's definitely something to consider, but I am a NC Concealed Handgun Permit instructor, and legal modifications you make to your gun cannot be used against you if you meet ALL the criteria for using lethal force in self defense.

Now, an I going to cerakote my gun with the phrase "shoot first, ask questions later" on it? Hell no.

But anything that helps me be a better shooter in order to minimize the possibility of collateral damage is responsible gun ownership.

·
Registered
305 Posts
There has been NO documented case of anyone being charged with or subjected to legal action for modifying their pistol.
This comes from Andrew Branca, author of the Law of Self Defense. I saw it on the show The Best Defense. He is the attorney that makes legal comments at the end of the show, concerning the shows content.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
458 Posts
That's definitely something to consider, but I am a NC Concealed Handgun Permit instructor, and legal modifications you make to your gun cannot be used against you if you meet ALL the criteria for using lethal force in self defense.

Now, an I going to cerakote my gun with the phrase "shoot first, ask questions later" on it? Hell no.

But anything that helps me be a better shooter in order to minimize the possibility of collateral damage is responsible gun ownership.

Indeed. I've even heard it suggested that a great counter-argument is that anything that makes the gun more controllable makes it easier to control where the rounds go, thus showing the shooter to be more responsible, i.e., being conscious of erratic shot placement.
It's the kind of argument that I'd want to use anyhow, were it to ever come up.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have the apex flat trigger on my 320, glock 19, and shield. Big fan of the flat trigger, also have the gray guns flat trigger/spring that reduces the trigger pull weight. The regular apex for the 320 does not but it give the feel of the trigger being lighter. I haven't tried the newer one that does reduce trigger weight.

Highly recommend the flat trigger, for me it just gives me a little bit more consistency with the placement and when I press the trigger.

There are many in the gun community who will advocate no changes to the trigger, especially a lighter trigger and that is a personal choice everyone needs to make. As mentioned, not a documented case to where a "good shoot" was found guilty because of that scenario.

Personally, God forbid I ever have to use my weapon, but if I do, I can promise you I will hire a good attorney, along with experts for my defense. I will expect that type of charge from some prosecutor and would make sure my attorney is prepared for that. I also live in Texas and not California or the northeast where frankly I might re-think this.

In the end, even with a "lighter" trigger pull, they are in the 5lbs range and pretty much in line with all most oem triggers anyway. Just my 2c

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I think im going to give it a try then. Plus, If i don't like it, I'm sure i'll be able to sell it relatively easily or trade it for something else.

Thanks for the input, everyone.
Let us know your thoughts on it once you get to use it. Hopefully you'll be like most and ya love it. Like you said, if not, it should be pretty easy to unload.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2 compact 320s:

9x19mm version has factory trigger

.45 ACP has Apex trigger

both are fine. I swap back and forth between them with no "adjustment period". Honestly, had the .45 ACP not come with the Apex (got it used) I wouldn't have spent the coin to get it.

One of the nice things about the 320 is there is no "lever" on the face of the trigger like Glock/XD/whatever. Thus, I see no reason to modify. But if you just can't help yourself and gotta tinker with it...you won't hurt anything...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have the version 1 on one of my P320s and I like it. It took some time to get used to it, but once I did it was fine. With that said, I'm not going out and putting them on my other P320s. I am saving my pennies for a GG trigger next, but that means I need to stop buying more guns first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Apex version 1 on my 320c that I use for CCW. I didn't want anything that lightened the trigger pull. The trigger took a couple range sessions to get used to, but overall I'm pleased with it. I feel it gives me more control over my trigger press and I like the break.

This grouping was at 25 yards standing with the Apex.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would think twice about lowering trigger below stock pull on a firearm to be used for self defense. As to the flat faced trigger, now that Sig it self is selling one, that is a non issue. I don't know if you can buy the flat faced trigger on the x Series as a part directly from Sig and install it on your pistol, but that is probably the belt and suspenders approach to address your problem.

I am still working with the stock trigger on my 320 RX and getting better with it, but I would appreciate dropping the weight a couple of pounds. Since I am now using it as my night table gun, I am not going to do a trigger change on it. I am going to spend lots of money on ammo and get as good as I can with it. BTW, I already shoot it better than my USP with a LEM trigger

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would think twice about lowering trigger below stock pull on a firearm to be used for self defense. As to the flat faced trigger, now that Sig it self is selling one, that is a non issue. I don't know if you can buy the flat faced trigger on the x Series as a part directly from Sig and install it on your pistol, but that is probably the belt and suspenders approach to address your problem.

I am still working with the stock trigger on my 320 RX and getting better with it, but I would appreciate dropping the weight a couple of pounds. Since I am now using it as my night table gun, I am not going to do a trigger change on it. I am going to spend lots of money on ammo and get as good as I can with it. BTW, I already shoot it better than my USP with a LEM trigger
I just acquired a flat faced trigger from an X5 to replace my apex trigger. I'm waiting for it now and can't wait to see how it carries. I got my hands on an X5 today and I really liked how the trigger felt.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.