SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
P320 Carry 45, 9MM, 357 Sig, Colt 1911, QHMC M1 Carbine, Astra 1915 32, Mossberg MVP Patrol 5.56MM
438 Posts
I just installed the original flat Apex on my 9 MM/357 Sig (i.e. that doesn't change the pull weight). Haven't even shot it yet. If I like it, I may install one on my 45 as well. I am cautious about decreasing the pull weight too much from a safety standpoint, particularly on a pistol with no external safety. I'll see how the trigger pull feels - if it works well for me and I can shoot well with it, my bias is to leave the pull weight alone.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm hesitant to change the trigger on a carry pistol, but not so much for a slightly lighter trigger, rather to potential criminal charges or law suits for having a light trigger. Yes, I know there are a lot of opinions on this and I sincerely doubt I would get in trouble, but it's not worth it with the Sig. I think it has a great trigger to begin with. I do carry a Glock 43 and put a Lone Wolf 3.5 lb. trigger in it. The thing is, it's more like a 7.5 lb. trigger from the original 8.5 lb. It's pretty damn heavy but now it's a bit smoother and a teeny bit lighter than stock.
If I had a full size P320 target gun I would probably get it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm looking forward to reviews - especially in terms of reduced trigger pull. The Apex web site says it reduces the pull "approximately" 2 lbs, while the ad on Midway says 20 - 25% (on my 320 it would only be 1.3 to 1.6 lbs.)

I'm one of the few people that had problems with the GG PELT trigger - it hung up against the FCU. Perhaps I"ll have better luck with Apex :confused:

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can't wait to see how these compare to the GGI PELT, which I already bought and like. But I have a hard time accepting the fact I may have paid $50 extra for a spring and a roll pin.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Disclosure: Found the Apex v2 on ebay for $50, free shipping, adn it arrives Friday.

That said, Bruce Gray found out in the FB group that someone had had an issue with their PELT trigger. The user in question hadn't even contacted GG about it yet - but Bruce told him up front: you're getting another trigger ASAP, please send me your details, oh, and, we think we know what the issue is and it's been corrected already.

That kind of customer service makes the extra cash worth it.
Does that mean that there's a "recall" of sorts on any that were purchased the first day they went on sale like mine? I have a ton of side to side play in mine. Just ordered the Apex to try.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Disclosure: Found the Apex v2 on ebay for $50, free shipping, adn it arrives Friday.

That said, Bruce Gray found out in the FB group that someone had had an issue with their PELT trigger. The user in question hadn't even contacted GG about it yet - but Bruce told him up front: you're getting another trigger ASAP, please send me your details, oh, and, we think we know what the issue is and it's been corrected already.

That kind of customer service makes the extra cash worth it.
I had the binding issue - contacted GG and after 7 weeks no replacement, was told my FCU was too out of spec and I'd have to send my gun to them for a trigger action package! They did offer a full refund.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.