SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all should I reduce the trigger weight and get the apex flattie 2.0 or just grab the 1.0 seeing as the sig weight and reset is pretty sweet already. A lot of ppl against lowering the weight of the trigger pull on EDC? Finger doesn't touch the trigger unless I'm destroying something. So how does it make my EDC unsafe?

·
Registered
568 Posts
personally wouldnt do the 2.0 or the PELT on an EDC gun.

seems like it could be a liability in court should a defense situation occur. i could be wrong.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Title says it all should I reduce the trigger weight and get the apex flattie 2.0 or just grab the 1.0 seeing as the sig weight and reset is pretty sweet already. A lot of ppl against lowering the weight of the trigger pull on EDC? Finger doesn't touch the trigger unless I'm destroying something. So how does it make my EDC unsafe?
For those against modification of an EDC, The trigger weight on an EDC is not about safety. Some think a modification could make a case against you in the event you shot someone. If negligent...would you have shot if the trigger weren't modified? That sort of thing. Many argue if it's a good shoot it won't matter. Mny say the anti gunners will use anything they can against you. IMO probably both right depending on time and place.

it's a personal decision and nobody should do anything they are not comfortable with. For me drawing the weapon let alone pulling that trigger will be an absolute last resort, if the worst case, very improbable scenario ever happened, I'll take the best shooting I can get my hands on.

I like flat triggers, and a pull weight ~4 lbs

Reactions: 3 minutes till 4

·
Registered
162 Posts
The 2.0 is not much lighter than stock. It doesn't turn it into a "hair trigger". It's perfectly fine for an EDC gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really not concerned about prosecution stand point of a modded hand gun. Just getting a lot of mixed reviews on the safety of the 2.0 apex flatties. Some say setting urself up for a ND/AD. Does anybody have the 2.0 and how much does it change things?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check your stock pull weight, most are over the spec 6 lb. With an Apex 2.0 I was at 5 3/4 lb, which I think is fine for carry.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just my opinion but the only legal issue with reduced trigger pull would be if you claimed "the gun went off officer"......4 times.

Figure the Apex drops the P320 pull by 2.0lbs or so and the PELT by about 2.5lbs. I've had both and measured on my Lyman. Considering the stock 320 trigger is over 7.0lbs out of the box you end up with a trigger similar to some stock Glocks which is one reason why I carry a Glock .40.

All that said, I wouldn't change anything on a carry gun.

·
Registered
245 Posts
1. Should you reduce the trigger pull weight? That depends entirely on you. Do you feel you can carry a firearm with a lighter than factory trigger responsibly. Only you can answer that.

2. A lot of people against lowering the weight of the trigger pull on EDC? Who the F cares, Its yours lower it if you want to. If your concerned what others think then don't tell anyone you lowered it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Check your stock pull weight, most are over the spec 6 lb. With an Apex 2.0 I was at 5 3/4 lb, which I think is fine for carry.
If this is the case, go with the 2.0. I was actually wondering the same thing. If it is lowering the pull weight to 5lb, great!

-Dan

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I sent my 320sc to Robert Burke, he is doing the Competition Action Job. The pull should be around 4lbs when he is done. This will be my edc, the trigger will be covered all the time in a holster. I'm not scared. I also have a Glock 33 in which the pull is 3.5 lbs. I love the light triggers, that's the main reason I sold my 10 P290rs. To each his own.

·
Registered
P320 45 ACP Carry, P320 9MM Carry, P320 357 Sig Carry conversion kit, Colt 1911 45 ACP Government
381 Posts
I just put Apex 2.0 on both mine. I haven't been to the range with them yet, but dry-firing them they felt to me to be a nice balance of light enough to facilitate accurate shooting, but still having sufficient tension to avoid undue risk of NDs. Probably more important is practice and becoming as familiar with your gun as you can - muscle memory.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was on the fence with this too. One of the posters said something like 'try it, if you don't like it, you can sell it"

Made sense to me so I ordered the Apex enhanced V2 flat trigger and haven't looked back. Trigger is a little lighter (don't have a gage) but not enough to go off without a deliberate pull.

It certainly isn't a target trigger. I'm thinking I should have polished the contact points a little better, (I can feel a little 'for lack of a better term' "grit' or slight lack of smoothness til it gets to the break, but then it's crisp and decisive (to me anyway).
If you're using for EDC you're not going to notice it should you need the gun for protection. How the trigger feels will never enter your mind at that time.
Reset is same as original trigger. No double click. My groups are a little better with the Apex than the original sig curved trigger and that's what I wanted.

Probably just me, but I couldn't get the 'tool less' instructions to work when putting the spring back in. After the 6th try I resorted to the needle nose pliers and all went well then.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Afternoon Ryandenny

With the Sig 320 not having a trigger safety lever my concern with lowering the trigger pull weight very much is defeating the OEM drop safety function.

The drop safety is a compromise of the trigger pull weight & trigger return spring opposing the trigger bar mass with some trigger tip weight as a counter.

Probably not a real big deal UNLESS you should happen to drop your pistol on the muzzle in a public place.

If the Apex still maintains full drop safety integrity then no big deal to lower the pull weight. (does it?)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts