SIG Talk banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Pocket carry only. Vedders pocket locker or Alabama pocket holster. Use 12 round mag and on the other put an LX frame so it carries 12 as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't pocket carry. Since my EDC is set from over 50 years of habit, rearranging things became an uncomfortable search of "where did I put that today?" Same for front pocket carry of a reload.

I can't carry IWB and for the most part wont' carry OWB unless on a pistol belt with suspenders LCE style. Hip issues, some of which I likely caused by wearing a duty belt six months working gate guard during mobilization, the other from a maturing physique which won't allow getting the belt above the hip line where it really belongs.

I use a shoulder holster, from Pistol Wear, it's comfortable even in the '90s, I have worn it walking the beach, driving for 14 hours, etc. And it's never dumped the gun on the tile floor when I was.

Many used shoulder holsters when I was being taught in the military and they were issue for MOS's dependent on their job. Still are. There are good alternatives for IWB, which actually was invented in the 90's when CCW was highly restricted and even accidentally revealing your firearm was literally a crime in liberal states. Things have radically changed since then, IWB has a lot of takers, and the ads always show buffed out abs, but others like me make different decisions.

Until I get a gym membership I have to deal with it. Kinda "observe the masses do the opposite" for some of us.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks. I've been making holsters and knife sheaths for over 50 years. I use leather. Not many want leather anymore. Peeps want kydex or similar these days. LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's a nice looking holster! I carry my utility guns in Kydex. .I carry my finer ones in leather.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I almost exclusively pocket carry my 365. I use a Remora holster and am very pleased with it. I also have a Winthrop OWB Pancake Holster which is a good alternative. But these days if I'm carrying OWB, it's because I want more firepower than the 365 can provide and I carry a different gun.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I use my various CCW Breakaways for my P220. I have khakis, shorts, jeans. No holsters needed. The pockets are deep and reenforced.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Some will say it’s too big but depending on what pants I’m carrying my 320SC with Sticky holster will sometimes ride in a front pocket. I also have a couple CCW vests with dedicated holster pockets. Not the fastest but very convenient.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I carry my P365 using the 12 round magazine in my right front pocket by itself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To each their own but I wouldn't carry a pistol in the pocket without a holster. Something that covers the trigger. Otherwise, it's an accident waiting to happen.
I hear you, and don't disagree with your point.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts