SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into buying some myself and wondered if you guys had any experience with them. Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have them on a P320sc, two P320 full size and a G42. I have always made my own grips in the past and they worked well but I wanted to try rubber instead of granular grips so I went with Talon. These are far better then the ones I made in my shop. What makes them better is that the Talon grips are one piece instead of four pieces. My four piece grips work well but the one piece design looks cleaner. A friend of mine said the talon grips looked factory.

They are well worth the money. I'm going to buy another set for my HK VP9.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them on a P320sc, two P320 full size and a G42. I have always made my own grips in the past and they worked well but I wanted to try rubber instead of granular grips so I went with Talon. These are far better then the ones I made in my shop. What makes them better is that the Talon grips are one piece instead of four pieces. My four piece grips work well but the one piece design looks cleaner. A friend of mine said the talon grips looked factory.

They are well worth the money. I'm going to buy another set for my HK VP9.
Good to hear!! Do they hold up well to use over time? Any peeling or replacing them at set intervals, etc?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have them on five of my Glocks and love them. I need to get a set for my VP9 but haven't caught them in stock at any of my local shops just yet.

My only complaint is they only come in black. I don't have them on my FDE Glocks because I was holding off in hopes of them making them in FDE.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have them on five of my Glocks and love them. I need to get a set for my VP9 but haven't caught them in stock at any of my local shops just yet.

My only complaint is they only come in black. I don't have them on my FDE Glocks because I was holding off in hopes of them making them in FDE.
Glad to hear good reviews coming in!
Did you get the rubber texture or the other ones?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Have them on my P320's and PX4's and really like them. They hold up well and can be replaced easily if you need to.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have them on a P320 subcompact. The granular grip texture is pretty abrasive, somewhat akin to sandpaper. You would not want it in contact with your skin. The rubber texture is much better in that regard and still provides a good grip.

Mine have shown no tendency to peel off but I have read of a few complaints on various forums about this happening. It is important to clean the pistol well first and then heat the grips with a hair drier as instructed after application.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Glad to hear good reviews coming in!
Did you get the rubber texture or the other ones?
I use the rubber ones. While I don't mind the sandpaper type stuff for range or competition use, I tend to carry most of my pistols from time to time and find the sandpaper ones a bit too rough for my liking.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a set on my PPQ and a TP9SF. The are well worth the money. I use the rubberized version. If you follow the directions they are easy to apply and stay put. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I've had the rubber grips on my xd9 subcompact for over 2 years with no peeling or bubbling at all. They're easy to apply and well worth the money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Some good news for you: I saw when I ordered online yesterday there's now a "rubber-moss" option that's their version of FDE. They apparently try started shipping quietly in February for $2 more than regular black. You can find pictures online and see if you like it!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Some good news for you: I saw when I ordered online yesterday there's now a "rubber-moss" option that's their version of FDE. They apparently try started shipping quietly in February for $2 more than regular black. You can find pictures online and see if you like it!

Thanks. I'll check that out.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I used them on my Shield and liked them. I went with the rubber type b/c the grit seemed to be a little too aggressive. If you follow the instructions you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I just put some on my PPS M2. They are really nice. Like them a lot.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Very happy with Talon Grips. I have them on my EDC shield and have stood up very well. I put them on my P320RX and definitely make a difference.

They add more grip without more bulk.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have them on my 320 and Shield. For the shield it was necessary due to the lack of grip when my hands got sweaty. The 320 has pretty good grip without it, but I was going for a look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got Talon grips on every pistol for which they are made. The Rubber version is my preference, the granulated version is tough on clothing if you carry. Just got a set in the new "Moss" color for my P320 RX.

·
Banned
96 Posts
I have 'em on all my handguns. They're easy to install and make for a better purchase. I prefer the rubber version. My 320:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts