SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Anyone Shot A Spectre Comp And Macro

8K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  24/7/365 
#1 ·
I have a Spectre Comp and I'm thinking of adding the Macro, however the only difference I can see is the magazine which will eventually be available for all 365's. Saw some videos were shooter said he thought macro shot better than Spectre and one video where some former spec ops guys put the Spectre comp slide on a Macro module and liked that. I'd rather not spend the money unless there is a real benefit to the Macro.

#7 ·
Spectre will always cost more because it’s got the gold barrel and gold trigger. There are some cutouts on the slide too.

macro grip has a 1913 pic rail, removal grip back.

if I were you, get the grip and magazine instead of the macro.

there will be more versions of the macro grip. Essentially the whole xl line will have macro versions, including the spectre.

#8 ·
I have had my original P365 since March of the first year they came out. I have been satisfied and have had no desire to replace it until now. After reading and seeing the reviews on the Macro I decided to get one. The main attraction to me was the 17 round capacity. I had to look all over the web to find the right price. Most were asking $999.00. I finally found it on GRAB-A-GUN AND SPORTMANS WAREHOUSE for $799.00 before all the taxes and shipping.

#10 ·
I built a Spectre Comp before the Macro was mentioned. I believe from what I have seen that the porting is the same but the side serrations are different and it doesn't have the two little ports on the sides. I am doing everything I can to hold back from purchasing a Macro because I really don't need a 3rd 365. But once the grips and mags are available I will be getting those and swapping my Spectre slide over to it. And probably back and over again and back again and so on until I just wonder why I didn't just buy the whole gun in the first place. See what I mean. :banghead:

#13 ·
I repeat, it's the same slide just additional milling and porting on the Spectre slide.

Are you going to notice any difference? Highly doubtful lol. Any difference would be very little. If you put the slide on the macro it would just be a Spectre macro lol. You will see countless swaps done shortly which everyone thinks one is better. Where the difference is marginal at best. Not like the gains going from a regular 365 to a Spectre

#14 ·
The only difference between the two slides are slide serrations and the Spectre Comp has a small port in it on each side.

One thing to note, that I've found interesting, is with the Spectre Comp, SIG says reduced muzzle flip by 30%. However with the xMacro, SIG says muzzle flip is reduced by 25%.

Air gun Trigger Automotive exterior Gun barrel Gun accessory

#18 ·
The only difference between the two slides are slide serrations and the Spectre Comp has a small port in it on each side.

One thing to note, that I've found interesting, is with the Spectre Comp, SIG says reduced muzzle flip by 30%. However with the xMacro, SIG says muzzle flip is reduced by 25%.

I think 25% and 30% are overstated any way its not like there is much to begin with in 9mm

#15 ·
I bought a P365 when they first came out and was satisfied with it until the MACRO came out a few months ago. The 17 round capacity and comp peaked my interest. Why would anyone pay the cost of the SPECTRE COMP if you can get the same or better results for the MACRO for a lot less cost. In general Sig are my go to guns but their custom builds are to expensive.

#17 ·
Other than a couple cosmetic differences on the slide body, the comp holes are identical. As far as recoil is concerned the X-Macro will recoil less because of the better purchase and leverage provided by the bigger grip which has greater length and circumference. I have shot a buddys Macro quite a bit over the last couple weekends, just another great P365!
17th round still sucks to load. The only downside is you are now into a full size grip and printing. I am going to go a different route and put the Custom Works Spectre Comp slide on my current P365X frame. 17 round magazines will be available soon and will give me an option for capacity and concealment. A couple manufacturers are already getting 17 round mag adaptor plates ready that will tie into the P365XL grip module. Just received my Spectre Comp slide today. Waiting on a P365 XL recoil spring so I can assemble it.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Your supposed to be looking past the red dot . Not thru it with sights . Those sights are for back up and to find the dot if you lose it . The advantage of the red dot is both eyes open . How many of you can shoot irons with both eyes open ? I doubt as many as who will claim they can . The way to learn is to tape a small piece of paper or tape over the front of the sight . So you can see the dot but not look thru the window, Guys shooting original RMR's will understand what I am saying . Put a piece of Scotch tape over the window and practice finding the dot on the TV at night . Forces you to leave eyes open

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.