SIG Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just converted one of my 11.5 5.56s into a 9.5 (I thought it was 9 but he said 9.5 so ...) blk ($640.00 for the CEK plus some change). I was told by one of the guys at Silencer Shop that a Thunder Chicken is the way to go with the can on this one. He seemed genuine and said it's his personal preference and is what he uses.

I've already got an existing Trust so I'm looking at $200 for another stamp and $1190.00 for the can incl taxes so it's another (crazy large $s) sizable investment of roughly $1400.00 which means I've got $2100 in the Virtus, $640 in the caliber exchange kit and am considering another $1400 for the new can and stamp ... is the Thunder Chicken worth it in your opinions? I know a couple of guys who are big on the Q cans, specifically the Trash Panda.

$4k basically, when all is said and done, for this platform, if I go this route with the Thunder Chicken. Not counting $250 for the handguard I just ordered today which I forgot about back when I ordered the CEK (because I was suffering from price shock at the time and tired of waiting for another Virtus in 300 blk) ... I forgot about the handguard and now I'm not sure whether or not to go with the 6", 8" or 10" handguard. So $4,250.00 not counting the optics I have yet to decide upon. Sheesh. What was I thinking.

Thanks in advance for your input. I need to get it ordered PDQ (the can) - a waiting list is in play.

Or is there a better option that is as versatile and comes with a couple of different caliber adapter muzzle breaks?

Help a brother out here will you men?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Everybody I know with a Q 30 caliber can loves it.

I have some others, but I would offer this as food for thought.

Q uses the same tapered muzzle as Sigs, so you get all the advantages without needing the taper cap adapter. It's a direct fit for the MCX.

Tapered muzzles offer superior concentricity and retention compared to square shouldered muzzles.

Also, Kevin worked at Sig when they were developing the MCX and suppressor lines.

The cans are quiet, lightweight, and high quality.

If I had to do it all over again, I would get the short Q direct thread can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have a lot of suppressors, including SIG. If I were to start again, I'd have only Q and Griffin. Q for rifles and .22, Griffin for handguns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts