SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I bought a p938 SAS yesterday thinking “Hey this’ll be great because I already have a bunch of holsters for it”, but the slide on the SAS seems to be just a bit wider, so it’s not fitting into the holsters that I have for my 938 Legion (Vedder Light Tuck and Garrett Silent Thunder GT). Anyone in the same boat? Just trying to confirm that I’m not crazy.

For anyone curious, while I haven’t shot it yet, the SAS sights are pretty interesting to me, and playing a bit with a laser bullet/trainer, it seems like they might be workable. Time will tell, though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not a P938, but I recently bought a P238 SAS while they are still available since SIG discontued that model in P238. It is "funny" about going into the Vedder holster. I don't want to carry it in Kydex anyway because I don't want to take a chance of scratching that pretty slide. I also have a couple belt slide leather holsters and the SAS fits those nicely.

I think (not sure) that all of the SIG Legion models are different in a lot of ways and one of those might be that the slides are a bit thinner. SIG seems to have a "special club" for Legion owners...whatever that means.

If you want to carry that SAS IWB you might well have to buy another holster.

ETA: I just checked the Vedder web site and they do NOT list a separate holster for the P938 Legion - just one standard P938. Did you try loosening the adjusting screw a tad bit? Sometime that is all that is needed

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
Have you measured the width of the two slides to confirm that the SAS is wider?

·
Registered
14,918 Posts
I have a P938 Equinox and a P938 SAS, they both fit in the same holster.
Maybe the Legions Slide is narrower.
Also have a P238 HD and a P238 Extreme and they both fit in the same holster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had a chance to mess with it a bit, and the slides are overall the same width, but my legion is more tapered at the top (like it had a melt job done to it). Pulling the retention all the way out on the Vedder let’s me kind of get it into the holster, but the kydex doesn’t click it in like it should so that’s not gonna work out.

The results are a bit more promising with the Garrett, since it’s leather-lined kydex. I left it in the holster for a couple days and the leather has formed around it pretty well, so at least I have something that will work.

I did get to shoot it this week and the SAS sights is very interesting. It’s not bad at all, but takes some getting used to. I do think they’re really cool, so I’m looking forward to getting some more range time with the thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts