SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a RMRcc (listed as “in stock” when I clicked “pay”) and now a week has gone by and it’s still “processing”. They don’t answer the phone, and haven’t responded to an email, or a “contact us” form on their website. Their site says “orders shipped in 1-3 days” - I’m getting a little fed up with the usual “due to COVID we are overrun with orders” - oh boo hoo, you have too much business. Lol. Hire some staff FFS. Plenty of people out of work who would love a job, even if temp.

Sorry, didn’t mean to turn this into a rant.

How long would you wait before cancelling your order and going to Amazon?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know a guy that ordered an optic from them back in late March or early April, that has yet to receive anything but excuses from them, when he can actually make contact. His card was charged within a week of the order, but still no ship... isn't that illegal? I was standing beside him when he made the order, and as of 2 weeks ago, he still hasn't gotten a notification of shipment.... excuses... excuses... excuses...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
I ordered a RMRcc (listed as “in stock” when I clicked “pay”) and now a week has gone by and it’s still “processing”. They don’t answer the phone, and haven’t responded to an email, or a “contact us” form on their website. Their site says “orders shipped in 1-3 days” - I’m getting a little fed up with the usual “due to COVID we are overrun with orders” - oh boo hoo, you have too much business. Lol. Hire some staff FFS. Plenty of people out of work who would love a job, even if temp.

Sorry, didn’t mean to turn this into a rant.

How long would you wait before cancelling your order and going to Amazon?
MCHAD—- I Have had only positive experiences with Optics Planet and one excellent example of Customer Service - they took back a Trail Camera Return, that I used, well past normal timeline. However, have Not had any dealings with them recently (since Covid19). Other online vendors that I’ve used recently have had consistent delays processing/shipping (2 weeks+). Your “delay” is less then a week - maybe wait another week before getting too aggravated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered from them back in May. Item was in stock and it about 3 weeks for the order to be processed to ship. I have used them in the past but they are not my go to place. I had much rather use, Midway, Brownells, or the actual website of the company. Amazon and even Ebay are options as well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
My experience:

Sometimes it's good price, fast shipping, all good.

Sometimes it's good price, slow shipping, wrong part delivered, but very easy return.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Over the years I've ordered various items from Opticplanet.

I've not had really any issues receiving except when Scamdemic hit and items took weeks to get. To there credit they sent me e-mail stating Scamdemic causing shipping issues.

I've returned two items and quickly got refund on each.

I ordered a forearm grip and that took weeks past initial ship date.

:SIG:

·
Registered
275 Posts
On another forum folks have had lots of trouble with Optics Planet. Having said that, Amazon Prime is taking 5 or 6 days instead of 2 on in-stock items lately, and a package sent from Kansas to Montana via USPS is now past 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
As of late I’ve only had positive experiences with OP. Sometimes you have to make sure the item is actually in-stock and not backordered. The long processing time was worse back in the early part of the scamdemic, but my last half dozen or more orders in the last few months have been processed and shipped quick.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hit and miss, for being in stock and shipping/arrival times.
Good prices most of the time. But it’s like buying a lottery ticket...whether or not you get what you order.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I ordered an item from OP that showed an estimated delivery in 6-8 weeks. After 4 weeks my projected shipping date began slipping later and later. However, the estimated shipping date shown on the product page had been reduced to 5-7 days, while my delivery still had weeks to go. I cancelled and never looked back.

"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on ??? :confused::confused:" G. W. Bush

Reactions: Spookster

·
Registered
273 Posts
Most things you order from Optics Planet will take a month or more to get to your house in a lot of cases. If you try to cancel they will usually rush it. I only order things that I want and don't have an immediate use for.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
I haven't had any problems with OP. A significant portion of parts for my current AR pistol build projects I've bought through them without issue. If you use a credit card for your purchases, you're protected. Either they ship the item or cancel the order. They can't legally charge your CC until the item ships. I bought a garbage B.A.D. Lever clone through them. I sent it back, it was refunded without issue. I also came to the revelation the the B.A.D. Lever (clones) are a bad idea and I'm going to install PDQ ambi bolt catches on my AR builds.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I've made several purchases from OP without issue. The most recent did take a few weeks to get here but I wasn't in a big hurry. Plus no one else had what I wanted in stock either and no one came close to the price. Very happy with my purchase.:)

I have noticed that Midway has been really fast getting stuff to me, while Bud's Guns has been really, really slow sending "in stock" items.

And my ammo order from Federal, that said, "5 to 12 days" then changed to "12 to 15" days is now been 22 days and no joy. Welcome my friends to 2020 ... get use to it...:(

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
If it says 'in stock' but you don't see an actual number like 'only 4 left', then most likely they have to order it and it will take a very long time. Happened to me with a replacement sight some years back. Only things I've ever ordered from there since shows a number in stock (but been a while).

Example.....

Says 'in stock' but not really...will probably take forever to get to you:

Actually in stock, higher likelihood of getting to you before you die:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts