SIG Talk banner

Anyone have a problem with a Sig QD mount not attaching to a Ruger American Ranch Rif

3387 Views 21 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Steve40th
It's a Sig SRD762Ti in 7.62. My friend tried to attach it and said that the mount goes over the threads and only catches about 2-3 of them. He said he thinks that it needs to be "downturned" adding more threads.

I don't think there is another mount specifically for .300 Blackout since it's .30 cal which is the same as 7.62, correct? Maybe I need a different mount.

He said that he would like to see 4-6 full turns onto the threads which is 1/2" inch while he's currently only seeing less than 2 full turns which is only 1/8" of an inch right now. He said it's solid but it could potentially come loose and cause issues.

Anyone have a problem with a Sig QD mount not attaching to a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in .300 BO?
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
14,244 Posts
I think it goes on more. Threads appear to be fine.
OK, you think it goes on more. How much more does it go on? Does it stop when the hex nut on the QD hits the larger diameter of the barrel? If that is the case, what is the inside diameter of the QD counterbore prior to the threads? What is the outside diameter of the large portion of the barrel immediately beyond the threading? My question - is the QD stopping when it hits the barrel? Is this impeding further threading of the QD? If so, does large diameter at the end of the barrel, immediately before the threaded portion, need to be cut down to a smaller diameter to it will fit into the QD?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, you think it goes on more. How much more does it go on? Does it stop when the hex nut on the QD hits the larger diameter of the barrel? If that is the case, what is the inside diameter of the QD counterbore prior to the threads? What is the outside diameter of the large portion of the barrel immediately beyond the threading? My question - is the QD stopping when it hits the barrel? Is this impeding further threading of the QD? If so, does large diameter at the end of the barrel, immediately before the threaded portion, need to be cut down to a smaller diameter to it will fit into the QD?

I'll have to check myself. My friend was the one doing it.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friend said the adapter is hitting the shoulder, so basically not enough threads for that particular adapter. I hate how the threads in the adapter start so deep, not right on the outside of the adapter. I haven't seen any other adapter that would work, hopefully there is one out there. I'd rather get a different adapter or modify the adapter than permanently alter the rifle barrel.

· 🎖USN Retired
2,717 Posts
I think OP resolved this on another forum. Apparently, the brake/mount is set up for Sig Barrels. The OP may have got ahold of Sig CS, and they sent him the correct mount for the non tapered barrels.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: Resolved

Apparently there are different adapters for different rifles. The suppressor comes with the adapter that fits the Sig line of weapons, no surprise there. I wish they would have put this on their website, that different rifles require different adapters. The new adapter I received definitely has a lot more threads in it and they start far earlier making the threads start far closer to the end of the adapter. I'm happy that I didn't have to do anything drastic like downturn the barrel or buy a custom adapter.

I've heard that Sig is coming out with a new universal mount that may fit all guns. We'll see.

I know that Sig has been knocked in the past for having some horrible customer service but I've got to say that I was treated great. Their employee went out of his way to take care of me.

· Registered
1,070 Posts
I saw the thread over in Greenland. I hope you were talking to someone else for CS. Good CS would have mentioned the different adapters up front instead of the "you only need 3-4 full turns to be good" after saying you are getting 2-3 full turns. So you are not meeting the minimum with what you have, and he could have told you needed something else they do sell. Yet he didn't. Awesome CS would have been to get one of those adapters and drop in the mail. But he didn't.

But then again, I've asked him a question before over there. Instead of giving me a Yes or a No, he basically tells me my question is stupid and lectures me on why it is stupid. Guess what Sig, if you are going to send someone out to spread your word, it would help if they actually listened to the customer and helped.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the thread over in Greenland. I hope you were talking to someone else for CS. Good CS would have mentioned the different adapters up front instead of the "you only need 3-4 full turns to be good" after saying you are getting 2-3 full turns. So you are not meeting the minimum with what you have, and he could have told you needed something else they do sell. Yet he didn't. Awesome CS would have been to get one of those adapters and drop in the mail. But he didn't.

But then again, I've asked him a question before over there. Instead of giving me a Yes or a No, he basically tells me my question is stupid and lectures me on why it is stupid. Guess what Sig, if you are going to send someone out to spread your word, it would help if they actually listened to the customer and helped.

Well the guy who helped me wasn't in CS. But he went out of his way to help me and sent me the new adapter free via 2 day mail. I can't complain about that.

· Registered
1,070 Posts
If he was helping you directly, that is good. But what little we saw on the board, coupled with his FU attitude when I asked a question, I assumed he did his drive by and failing to answer the question. He might not be part of CS, but as Sig's rep on the board basic people skills would go a long way.

· 🎖USN Retired
2,717 Posts
Called Sig CS, he stated that is not the part number. And he stated they have mounted this on non tapered barrels and with roxcett and 2-3 threads is more than adequate.
I am just the messenger..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.